Head of Finance
- Agency: Ministry of Human Resources & Immigration
- Reference: R0032019
- Posted: 10-Jan-2019
- Closing Date: 25-Jan-2019
- Salary: $75,852 - $102,036
- Job Description
Applications are invited for the post of:
HEAD OF FINANCE
The government of the Cayman Islands has taken a decision to review the management of labour and development of Caymanians in the labour workforce and as a result have agreed to reorganise the two existing departments; namely the Department of Immigration and National Workforce Development Agency; into a defined organisation; namely Workforce Opportunities & Residency Cayman (WORC).
The purpose of this senior post is to support the Director in providing leadership, developing and implementing strategic plans to support Finance functions utilizing the highest standards of customer service, effective communication and innovative information technology.
KEY DELIVERABLES (include but not limited to):
- Act as the principle financial advisor and financial manager to the Deputy Director – Business Operations on all financial matters pertaining to WORC;
- Responsible for the accounting functions and reporting including forecasting and cash management,
- Analyse, develop, recommend and implement improvements to internal financial controls, policies and procedures;
- Prepare the Department’s budget in line with the strategic policy of the Department, Ministry and Government;
- Ensure that all expenditures of the Department are consistent with the agreed detailed budget by regularly monitoring expenditure accounts.
Education and/or Experience /Qualifications:
A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting plus five (5) years’ experience in a management position utilizing accrual-based accounting and actively pursuing a professional qualification OR possess an internationally recognized professional accounting designation with five (5) years’ post qualification experience with at least three (3) years’ in a supervisory level. An MBA would be desirable. Broad experience in, and an in-depth working knowledge of, the Government’s organizational structure, functions and policies and procedures (including, but not limited to budget preparation and financial control, personnel management and strategic planning) would be an asset.
Skills (include but not limited to):
- Proven skills in budget techniques and practices, professional principles and skill of accrual-based accounting are essential;
- Proven ability to lead staff, analyse, write, and recommend policies and procedures; develop and apply management techniques, analyse situations and adopt a course of action and promote teamwork within the Finance Unit and the entire Department
DETAILED job description, benefits information and application form are available at: www.recruitment.gov.ky
Please submit completed Government Application Form and, resume to:
Chief Human Resources Manager
Ministry of HUMAN RESOURCES & IMMIGRATION
5th Floor, Government Administration Building
PO Box 111 Grand Cayman KY1-9000, CAYMAN ISLANDS
EXTENDED DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF COMPLETED APPLICATION FORMS – 25 January, 2019
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.