Senior Compliance Officer
- Agency: Department of Commerce and Investment
- Reference: R0062019
- Posted: 11-Jan-2019
- Closing Date: 30-Jan-2019
- Salary: $51,900 - $69,804
- Job Description
Senior Compliance Officer
The Senior Compliance Officer will be expected to investigate serious breaches of the regulatory laws including directing and administering formal enforcement actions taken by the Department and relevant Boards.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Performing due diligence and background checks on persons applying to act as directors, shareholders, managers, officers and controllers of licensed entities to determine fitness and propriety.
- Preparing clear and concise papers or reports based on the results of research and investigations performed.
- Undertaking review of decisions on licenses and applications to establish the extent of compliance with the provisions of the relevant Law, guidelines and ethical standards.
- Preparing daily quality control reports on the findings of the decisions of the Licensing Section for review by the Director or his designate.
- Reviewing results of quality control regarding attainment of objectives and ensure that all issues that were identified but not covered during the quality control are documented for future quality control consideration.
- Attending meetings when necessary, with a view to identifying issues affecting quality control performance and taking corrective action promptly.
- Ensuring correct fees are collected and banked in accordance with relevant laws and policies.
- Investigating complaints and coordinate action plans with other departments.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- Must hold a B.A., or a B.Sc. in a finance related discipline
- Must hold ACAMS, CFE or other relevant compliance qualification
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in compliance related work of which 2 years should be in a supervisory position.
- Working knowledge of the Public Management & Finance Law, Financial Regulations and the Public Service Management Law.
- Working knowledge of the Trade and Business Licensing Law, the Local Control Companies Law, the Special Economic Zone Authority Law, Tobacco Law, Cinematography Law and the Liquor Licensing Law is advantageous.
- Familiarity with legislation and regulation affecting commercial activity in the Cayman Islands including, but not limited to, company registration, banking requirements, labour regulations, Customs, Immigration and business licensing;
- Knowledge of the Proceeds of Crime Law, Money Laundering Regulations, Regulatory Laws and regulations are an asset;
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- In-depth knowledge of compliance research databases; and
- Sound analytical skills with specific experience analysing financial statements.
The full job description and application form can be obtained at www.gov.ky. Please submit your application form and resume via email to: CPIrecruitment@gov.ky or mail to:
Chief HR Officer,
Ministry of Commerce, Planning & Infrastructure,
5h floor Government Administration Building,
133 Elgin Avenue,
George Town, Grand Cayman KY1-9000
Deadline for applications is: January 30th, 2019
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.