Bus Depot Officer
- Agency: Ministry of District Administration, Tourism & Transport
- Reference: R0072019
- Posted: 11-Jan-2019
- Closing Date: 25-Jan-2019
- Salary: $27,612 - $37,140
Cayman Islands Government Ministry of District Administration, Tourism & Transport
Invites applications for the position of:
BUS DEPOT OFFICER (PUBLIC TRANSPORT UNIT)
The post-holder is required to perform the duties of a Bus Depot Officer as directed by the Director of the Public Transport Unit, in accordance with the Traffic Law (2011), the Traffic Regulations (2012), and the Public Passenger Vehicle Regulations (2014). The Bus Depot is an extremely busy location, with over 285,000 persons using the public transport system through the Bus Depot annually.
The applicant must be capable of performing the following duties, along with others listed in the Job Description:
- Responsible for the queuing of all 130 Omni buses;
- Maintain accurate records as it relates to the return, queuing and dispatch of over 300 Omni buses daily;
- Assist travelers with information in a helpful and customer-friendly manner;
- Conduct on-the-spot inspections of Omni buses and drivers to ensure compliance;
- Record complaints and disputes made by the public and bus drivers in the Depot, and refer to Public Transport Inspectors for further investigation, if necessary;
- Ensure the cleanliness of all Public Transport Buses (interior and exterior);
- Enforce the Public Transport Board guidelines for all operators/drivers using the Depot; „h Assist the public with recovering lost property;
- Prepare and provide reports.
Experience, Skills and Requirements:
- High School graduate with good written and oral communication skills, and sound math skills;
- Ability to handle and resolve minor disputes and complaints between operators/drivers and the public;
- Ability to work with limited supervision and in accordance with standardized procedures; „h Basic computer skills in order to prepare and provide reports;
- Must be an honest and reliable individual, with the ability to multi-task;
- Applicant will work on shift, weekends and public holidays as required;
- Sound knowledge of the Public Transport Regulations and the Public Passenger Vehicle Regulations would be an asset;
- Department of Tourismˇ¦s PRIDE training would be an asset.
PLEASE SUBMIT EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION FORM & RESUME TO:
Human Resources Manager Ministry of District Administration, Tourism & Transport
Government Administration Building
P.O. Box 109
Grand Cayman, KY1-9000
The deadline for receipt of applications is 5:00PM Friday, January 25th 2019.
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.