Director – Small Business Development Centre (SBDC)
- Agency: Ministry of Commerce, Planning and Infrastructure
- Reference: R0312019
- Posted: 04-Feb-2019
- Closing Date: 22-Feb-2019
- Salary: CI$96,600 - CI$101,496
- Job Description
Ministry of Commerce, Planning & Infrastructure Director – Small Business Development Centre (SBDC)
The Director will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Small Business Development Centre (SBDC) and participates in the development, recommendation and administration of policies, procedures and processes in support of Centre operations. The Director recommends and carries out operating policies and procedures with a focus on the delivery of business and international trade instruction.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
The post-holder must have a Bachelor’s Degree in International Trade, Business Administration or related field i.e. Commerce, Finance, Economics. A Master’s Degree in the related field is desirable.
The post-holder must have 5-7 years of related professional experience in a combination of business/economic development, finance, small business consulting, business management, banking, grant management, and/or small business ownership. Additionally, 3 years of progressively responsible program development experience related to small business, including a minimum of 7 years senior management experience.
Familiarity with Small Business Development Centre (SBDC) operational, financial and case management procedures and advising on a broad range of business-related topics is essential.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Overall management of the Small Business Development Centre which includes planning, implementation and administration of a program providing small business advising, counseling and training.
- Administers the Centre’s program by developing and recommending the strategic direction of the Centre within the context of the Ministry’s SBDC Strategic and Operational Plan and manage implementation in order to achieve the organization’s objectives and goals.
- Develops new programs and evaluates and recommends improvements to existing programs and services. Identifies and accesses resources to improve overall program effectiveness.
- Promotes Centre programs and services to community organisations, local businesses, and centres of influence. Develops joint programs and solicits additional funding support from governmental agencies, corporations, and/or other potential funding sources.
- Cultivates and manages relationships with key stakeholders, external agencies, local businesses, and other business development providers.
Please submit your application and resume via email to: CPIrecruitment@gov.ky or to:
Chief HR Officer,
Ministry of Commerce, Planning & Infrastructure
5th floor Government Administration Building,
133 Elgin Avenue,
George Town, Grand Cayman KY1-9000
Deadline for applications is: Friday, February 22nd , 2019
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.