Interim Chief Fire Officer
- Agency: Fire Services
- Reference: R0572019
- Posted: 15-Mar-2019
- Closing Date: 01-Apr-2019
- Salary: CI$105,252 - CI$128,232
- Job Description
INTERIM CHIEF FIRE OFFICER
(For a period of 12 months)
The Ministry of Financial Services and Home Affairs is recruiting a highly detail-oriented and organized individual to join the Cayman Islands Fire Services team for a period of twelve (12 months). The successful candidate will be responsible for the strategic leadership, readiness and delivery of emergency fire and rescue services for the protection of life and property in the Cayman Islands. If this interests you, keep reading.
The Cayman Islands Fire Service provides aviation and structural fire and rescue services for the Cayman Islands, and deals with a vast diversity of incidents such as aircraft accidents, fires, building collapse, road accidents and other incidents requiring specialized rescue techniques, fire investigation and fire prevention practices.
AS CHIEF FIRE OFFICER, YOU WILL:
- Provide strategic leadership and support to resolve emergency fire and rescue operations;
- Develop and manage operations of the fire and rescue service;
- Oversee the management of the Fire Services’ annual budget;
- Plan, direct and manage all fire suppression and prevention;
- Develop, review and implement all firefighting legislation, regulations, policies and procedures; and
- Oversee the management of the human resources of the organization.
DO YOU HAVE?
- A Bachelor’s degree in Fire Science, Fire Management, Public Administration, or related discipline and 8-10 years’ experience, with at least 6 years at a senior management level.
- Proven strategic leadership, decision-making and communication skills.
- Demonstrable experience, knowledge of risk management, planning development, evaluation and implementation.
- Knowledge of the requirements of airport operations including the Overseas Territories Aviation Requirements (OTAR) and the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) regulations as well as standard airport operation and safety management.
- Proven ability to perform a broad range of human resources management.
- Knowledge of government’s budget management, accounting and administrative practices.
The following are required submissions for the post:
- COMPLETED CAYMAN ISLANDS GOVERNMENT EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION
- COVER LETTER and RESUME
- COPIES OF RELEVANT CERTIFICATIONS / QUALIFICATIONS
- COPY OF PASSPORT BIOGRAPHIC PAGE
SUBMIT APPLICATION WITH REFERENCES TO:
Chief Human Resources Officer
Ministry of Financial Services and Home Affairs
133 Elgin Avenue
George Town, Grand Cayman
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, 1st April 2019
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.