Director, Lands & Survey
- Agency: Lands & Survey
- Reference: R0592019
- Posted: 15-Mar-2019
- Closing Date: 03-Apr-2019
- Salary: CI$105,252 - CI$128,232
- Job Description
The Lands & Survey Department invites applications for the following post:
The post holder will provide leadership and management to the various sections in the Lands & Survey Department to ensure the provisions of comprehensive and efficient Land-related services to the people of the Cayman Islands.
Required qualifications, experience and skills include the following:
- A Chartered Member (or Fellow) of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) [or equivalent] with qualification having occurred via the Valuation (General Practice) or Land Surveying (Geomatics) faculties.
- 10+ years post degree experience is required together with at least 7 of those entailing the direct management of a large staff complement (15+ persons) within a similar organisational structure and entity.
- Strategic planning skills and proven ability to translate into operational delivery
- Knowledgeable about the range of services provided within each section of the department (land registry, surveys, valuations and estate management, and NGIS).
- Highly computer literate with at least intermediate level Microsoft Excel and Word proficiency, Internet search knowledge and capability, and a fundamental understanding of databases (e.g. spatial database, Oracle software, survey tracking system, etc.)
- Able to communicate effectively in a variety of settings with a wide range of individuals and groups
- Skilled in employee performance appraisals, and managing staff assignments and schedules
- Demonstrates strengths in the areas of leadership, team working, organisation, planning and work prioritizing and willing to identify and implement improvements to processes
- Ability to manage multiple projects often at the same time
- Embraces technology and has the ability to implements new ways of doing business based on new information technologies
- A dynamic individual, extremely pro-active, with a desire to drive the Department towards greater efficiency and professionalism in the areas of service delivery and improving the customerís experience
- A team player is required, although the post-holder should be able to make tough and unpopular decisions as the need arises for the good of the department and as required by law.
- The possession of additional specific Public Administration or management qualifications (e.g. MBA) would be an advantage.
A pre-employment drug screen and a Police Records check are conditions of employment.
Please send your completed Government application form and cover letter via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: April 3, 2019
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.