Senior Policy Analyst (2 Posts)
- Agency: Ministry of Financial Services & Home Affairs
- Reference: DFSSPA19
- Posted: 03-Apr-2019
- Closing Date: 25-Apr-2019
- Salary: CI$66,876 - CI$89,940
- Job Description
Senior Policy Analyst (2 Posts)
The Ministry of Financial Services and Home Affairs is recruiting a highly detail-oriented and organized individual to join the Department of Financial Services Policy and Legislation team. The post holder will be responsible for monitoring international regulatory developments in the financial services industry, and providing policy advice, analysis and implementation to assist with the coordination and administration of the Department’s strategy for a globally competitive financial services industry. If this interests you, keep reading.
The Department is responsible for providing policy development and legislative advice in in response to competitive pressures and international initiatives.
AS SENIOR POLICY ANALYST, YOU WILL:
- Review and provide advice to the Director/Deputy Director on issues relating to financial services policy and proposals made by the private sector.
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies in response to international regulatory initiatives which affect the Cayman Islands financial services industry.
- Develop and implement research models to monitor local and global developments as well as to keep abreast of developments in competitor jurisdictions.
- Manage the consultation process within Government and relevant private sector groups with respect to policy and legislative proposals.
- Participate in local and international conferences, forums and seminars as an expert in the Cayman Islands financial services industry.
DO YOU HAVE?
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Law, or related discipline plus 6-8 years’ of relative experience of which 4 years have been in a middle management role involving policy development and implementation; OR full professional qualification in Law or Accounting plus 4 years’ relevant experience of which 3 years have been in a middle management role involving policy development and implementation, and/or significant client interface and transaction management.
- Experience with policy research analysis and the ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders, and public sector personnel at various levels.
- Ability to present complex information concisely and clearly.
- Ability to undertake research, comprehend and analyse complex facts quickly and accurately
- Familiarity with the public sector, how policy is created, and how outcomes are communicated.
The following are required submissions for the post:
- COMPLETED CAYMAN ISLANDS GOVERNMENT EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION
- COVER LETTER and RESUME
- COPIES OF RELEVANT CERTIFICATIONS / QUALIFICATIONS
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
Chief Human Resources Officer
Ministry of Financial Services and Home Affairs
133 Elgin Avenue, George Town, Grand Cayman
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 25th April 2019
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.