Deputy Chief Financial Officer
- Agency: Cabinet
- Reference: R0782019
- Posted: 05-Apr-2019
- Closing Date: 06-May-2019
- Salary: CI$66,876 - CI$89,940
- Job Description
The CI Government invites applications for the following position in the Cabinet Office Portfolio
DEPUTY CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
The successful applicant will report to, advise and support the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) on all financial matters regarding the Cabinet Office Portfolio (‘the Portfolio’), including its departments, units and offices.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Assisting the fulfillment of the requirements of the Public Management and Finance Law (2018 Revision) and ensuring that all relevant accounting & financial systems are properly structured and managed efficiently, including:
- Assisting the CFO with day-to-day operational and financial management requirements
- Managing the fixed asset register and capital expenditure requests
- Assisting with expenditure management including travel and credit card
- Regular management and reporting of accounts receivables
- Assisting with the implementation of financial management initiatives.
- Acting as CFO during absences
-Review/preparation of monthly management accounts
-Interim and annual financial audit(s)
-Budgeting and forecasting
Qualifications/knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- A Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- A professional Accounting qualification (such as ACCA, CPA, CA) is PREFERRED. Alternatively, candidates working towards an accounting qualification may qualify.
- Knowledge of international accounting standards and international public sector accounting standards is essential including proven understanding of accrual accounting.
- Knowledge of the Cayman Islands Government structure and systems and full understanding of the Public Management and Finance Law.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a supervisory or managerial financial role. Alternatively, more mature candidates with longer periods of relevant experience may qualify.
- Financial accounting systems proficiency & experience using spreadsheets required.
- Proven ability to analyse, interpret and report on financial information.
- Highly confidential, politically neutral, display mature judgement and possess a high degree of professional integrity and courtesy;
- Ability to work on own initiative and to deliver within tight deadlines.
- Excellent oral, interpersonal, and research skills.
Submit application form and resume to email@example.com for the attention of: Deputy Chief Officer (Administration), Government Administration Building, 133 Elgin Avenue, George Town. Detailed Job Description and application form available at: www.cabinetoffice.gov.ky
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.