Instructor -Plumbing (TVET)
- Agency: University College
- Reference: R0772019
- Posted: 05-Apr-2019
- Closing Date: 30-Apr-2019
- Salary: CI$49,153 - CI$66150
The University College of the Cayman Islands (‘UCCI”) invites applications for the position of:
UCCI is a growing intellectual community of leaders and trailblazers including 1,200 students and 70 full-time faculty and staff members representing 30 nationalities and a kaleidoscope of expertise and experiences.
The University College of the Cayman Islands’ mission is to provide higher learning that contributes to the Cayman Islands and global societies by advancing knowledge and developing innovative graduates through its educational, cultural and social activities.
The positions present an opportunity to join an active, collegial faculty who are committed to creating a student–centered learning environment, and to engaging students beyond the classroom. The successful applicant would be required to teach a range of pre-college courses for TVET (Technical, Vocational Education and Training) such as Blueprints and plumbing design, DWV Systems, etc.
Applicants for either position must have:
- Master’s degree in Career and Technical Education in building trades or a Bachelor’s degree in the same discipline along with a license and six (6) years in the field.
- Prior experience teaching undergraduate courses in both a classroom and laboratory setting
- Demonstrate a commitment to high quality teaching and departmental service
- A high level of integrity in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters
- Demonstrated outstanding teaching ability at the tertiary level and exhibit knowledge of planning, implementation, management and evaluation of educational courses/programmes
- Be able to work with students from diverse backgrounds and varying academic abilities, including students having special needs, and to provide academic advice
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a commitment to collaborative and collegial processes
- 2-year contract, pension, medical, annual leave
- Lecturer—CI$49,153—$66,150 (USD $59,942—$80,670) per annum, commensurate with qualification and experience
How to apply
(1) Submit a cover letter with description of experience relevant to the position,
(2) curriculum vitae, and
(3) a list of existing courses the candidate can teach and proposed new courses the candidate can develop (4) two (2) professional and two (2) character references
Interested persons should submit their applications on or before April 30, 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org