Senior Lecturer- Electronics & Installations
- Agency: University College
- Reference: R0742019
- Posted: 05-Apr-2019
- Closing Date: 30-Apr-2019
- Salary: CI$53,789 - CI$72,085
The University College of the Cayman Islands (‘UCCI”) invites applications for the position of:
SENIOR LECTURER—ELECTRONICS & INSTALLATIONS
UCCI is a growing intellectual community of leaders and trailblazers including 1,200 students and 70 full-time faculty and staff members representing 30 nationalities and a kaleidoscope of expertise and experiences.
The University College of the Cayman Islands’ mission is to provide higher learning that contributes to the Cayman Islands and global societies by advancing knowledge and developing innovative graduates through its educational, cultural and social activities.
The position presents an opportunity to join an active, collegial faculty who are committed to creating a student–centered learning environment, and to engaging students beyond the classroom. The successful applicants would be required to teach a range of pre-college and collegiate courses.
Applicants for the position must have:
- A Master’s in Electrical Engineering and a professional qualification i.e. Chartered Engineer and/or Licensed Electrician
- Experience and ability to develop Photovoltaic Systems Installation (for commercial and industrial installations) and Programmable Logic Controllers in a lab setting
- Electrical Engineering and have a proven involvement with STEM curricula
- Demonstrated teaching ability at the tertiary level and exhibit knowledge of planning, implementation, management and evaluation of educational courses/programmes.
- Ability to work as part of a team to develop and effectively deliver a range of courses in Electrical Engineering at the associate level
- Be able to work with students from diverse backgrounds and varying academic abilities, including students having special needs, and to provide academic advice
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a commitment to collaborative and collegial processes
- 2-year contract, pension, medical, annual leave
- Senior Lecturer—CI$53,789—$72,085 (USD$65,596—$87,908) per annum, commensurate with qualification and experience
- Assistant Professor—CI$58,540—$78,737 (USD $71,390—$96,020) per annum, commensurate with qualification and experience
How to apply
(1) Submit a cover letter with description of experience relevant to the position, curriculum vitae, and a list of existing courses the candidate can teach and proposed new courses the candidate can develop two (2) professional and two (2) character references
Interested persons should submit their applications on or before April 30, 2019 to: