Culinary Chef Instructor-School of Hospitality Studies (SHS)
- Agency: University College
- Reference: R0732019
- Posted: 05-Apr-2019
- Closing Date: 30-Apr-2019
- Salary: CI$50,000 - CI$60,000
The University College of the Cayman Islands (‘UCCI”) invites applications for the position of:
CULINARY CHEF INSTRUCTOR—SCHOOL OF HOSPITALITY STUDIES (SHS)
UCCI is a growing intellectual community of leaders and trailblazers including 1,200 students and 70 full-time faculty and staff members representing 30 nationalities and a kaleidoscope of expertise and experiences.
SHS is the premier educational experience for the business of hospitality, as such, students are prepared for careers in hospitality through meaningful teaching, quality laboratory practices, and supervised industry work experiences and internships. Learning is "hands on" and provides a bridge between the classroom and professional practice in the field. SHS offers a Certificate in Hospitality and Tourism and an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in Hospitality Management.
Applicants for the position must have
- Bachelor’s (or equivalent) in Culinary Arts, Foodservice Management, Hospitality or a related field
- 7 years experience, post-graduate, industry experience and 3 years supervisory experience with management and line level staff
- Proven track record showing a steady progression of skill level, increased levels of responsibility, and personal career oriented professional development chef and/or instructor in culinary education
- Must have an excellent and welcoming presence in front of guests and employees. Moderate to strong presentation skills are required.
- High level of proficiency in hands-on culinary techniques.
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively work with multiple teams across the organization to respond to business needs
- Ability to use sound judgment and discretion in handling sensitive student issues with confidentiality and discretion
- 2-year contract, pension, medical, annual leave
- Instructor—CI$50,000—$60,000 (USD$60,975—$73,170) per annum, commensurate with qualification and experience
How to apply
(1) Submit a cover letter with description of experience relevant to the position,
(2) curriculum vitae, and
(3) a list of existing courses the candidate can teach and proposed new courses the candidate can develop
Interested persons should submit their applications on or before April 19, 2019 to: