Cayman Islands Representative to Asia
- Agency: Cayman Islands Government
- Reference: V004/19
- Posted: 10-Apr-2019
- Closing Date: 28-Apr-2019
- Salary: CI$105,252 - CI$128,232
- Job Description
On behalf of the Ministry of International Trade, Investment, Aviation and Maritime Affairs, the Portfolio of the Civil Service is currently accepting applications for the post of:
Cayman Islands Representative to Asia
The post holder will lead the representation of the interests of the Cayman Islands Government in Asia. (CIGO-Asia) and promote the Cayman Islands as a well administered, well regulated, progressive and highly reputable jurisdiction. He/she will provide consular services to Caymanians and Cayman Status holders and advocate on behalf of the Cayman Islands in the Asia region generally and in Hong Kong specifically in areas including international financial services, immigration, inward investment, provision of information and recruitment. The post holder will advise on Hong Kong and China policy or events in the Asia region affecting the Cayman Islands and provide related advice and support.
- A Bachelor degree in political science, international business, law, or related discipline;
- A graduate degree in a related discipline would be preferred.
- The post holder should have over 10 years of professional experience with at least 5 in middle management positions with a strong international business orientation.
- An in-depth knowledge of the Cayman Islands, the official economic development plan, strategic priority sectors (financial services, tourism, and development); economic information; educational and manpower and other social indicators;
- Familiarity with financial services legislation and regulation as well as legislation and regulation affecting commercial activity in the Cayman Islands including, but not limited to, company registration, banking requirements, labour regulations, and business licensing;
- Current knowledge of CIG procedures, including the PSML, and familiarity with good HR practices;
- Current knowledge of economic trends (internationally, regionally and locally) as well as issues affecting local businesses.
- It is essential that the post holder can act with ethics, integrity and composure at all times and in all situations, constantly exercise high levels of diplomacy, cultural sensitivity, and adherence to the protocols of their immediate environment;
- The ability to remain politically neutral while carrying out the responsibilities of a Representative and serving the Government of the day so as to maintain the confidence of the Government.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, superior telephone manner, maintains a professional, composed manner when interacting with internal and external customers;
- No fear of public speaking or dealing with the media; ability to speak another Asian language is desirable;
- Superior research, analytical, written and oral communication skills, and complete proficiency in the use of personal computers;
- Ability to relate confidently to Civil Servants as well as Ministers and elected officials in and throughout the Asia region.
Please see attached job description document for full details. The post will be offered as a 3 year fixed term contract with the ability to extend for up to 2 years with mutual agreement. Existing civil servants may be seconded for the contract period. The post also attracts a housing allowance.
Interested candidates should submit an application form, resume, and letter of interest via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Attn: Charlene Howell-Litchmore.
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.