- Agency: Ministry of Financial Services & Home Affairs
- Reference: 052019SADITC
- Posted: 10-Apr-2019
- Closing Date: 06-May-2019
- Salary: CI$58,344 - CI$78,456
- Job Description
Department for International Tax Cooperation (DITC)
The Ministry of Financial Services and Home Affairs is recruiting a highly analytical and organised individual to join the Department for International Tax Cooperation (DITC). As a member of the DITC Team, you will be responsible for carrying out research, monitoring, analysing and intelligence gathering to ensure that the functions of the Department are carried out efficiently and effectively in all aspects. If this interests you, keep reading.
The Department for International Tax Cooperation is responsible for the effective implementation of the Cayman Islands international obligations in tax matters and for engagement with relevant international initiatives and bodies.
AS SENIOR ANALYST, YOU WILL:
- Research, monitor and analyse international developments and initiatives relating to international tax cooperation and exchange of information practices.
- Collaborate on an ongoing basis with colleagues in the Department for Financial Services Policy and Legislation (DFSPL) on the results of research, monitoring and information.
- Review and conduct critical analysis to provide informed feedback on papers, notes, proposals, reports and other documents produced in connection with the work of the OECD Global Forum on Transparency and Exchange of Information for Tax Purposes or other relevant international bodies.
- Assist when required with research and analysis in connection with proposals for the negotiation of agreements and arrangements for the exchange of information for tax purposes or in relation to proposals for the application or extension of other international tax cooperation instruments to the Cayman Islands.
- Produce papers and analysis of current and emerging trends in international tax cooperation.
DO YOU HAVE?
- A Bachelorís Degree in Finance, Economics, Law or a related discipline with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
- A good understanding of the workings of governments, both locally and internationally, and the general framework and rules of international cooperation.
- A good knowledge of the Cayman Islands financial services industry and an understanding of its interrelationship with the global financial services industry.
- Familiarity with the relevant legislation and exchange of information mechanisms.
- Current knowledge of international tax cooperation and transparency initiatives.
- Strong analytical and organisational skills as well as demonstrated use of resourcefulness, analysis and creativity to meet deliverables.
The following are required submissions for the post:
-COMPLETED CAYMAN ISLANDS GOVERNMENT EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION
-COVER LETTER and RESUME
-COPIES OF RELEVANT CERTIFICATIONS/QUALIFICATIONS
SUBMIT APPLICATION WITH REFERENCES TO:
Chief Human Resources Officer
Ministry of Financial Services and Home Affairs
133 Elgin Avenue, George Town, Grand Cayman
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.