- Agency: Department of Commerce and Investment
- Reference: R01052019
- Posted: 06-May-2019
- Closing Date: 24-May-2019
- Salary: CI$46,488 - CI$62,532
- Job Description
The Cayman Islands Government invites applications for the following position in the
Department of Commerce & Investment
The Compliance Officer will be expected to investigate serious breaches of the regulatory laws including onsite inspection and administering formal enforcement actions taken by the Department and relevant Boards.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Performs due diligence and background checks on persons applying to act as directors, shareholders, managers, officers and controllers of licensed entities to determine fitness and propriety; as determined by the Senior Compliance Officer Designated Non-Financial Businesses and Professionals (DNFBP);
- Perform due diligence of DNFBP specific Trade and Business License applications to satisfy fit and proper requirements before submission to the Trade and Business Licensing Board.
- Conduct on-site inspections of DNFBPs and complete inspection reports with recommendations for improvements.
- Maintain a compliance database of all persons and entities identified during the various application processes for the purpose of continuous Anti Money Laundering (AML) monitoring.
- Conduct weekly batch uploads to the compliance monitoring system and review all alerts and escalate when applicable.
- Assist the Senior Compliance Officer with reviewing decisions on licenses and applications to establish the extent of compliance with the provisions of the relevant laws, guidelines and ethical standards.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- Must hold a Bachelorís degree in finance/Business Studies with a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience in compliance related work or;
- An Associateís Degree in Finance / Business Studies and a minimum of 4 years compliance related work.
- Should hold ACAMS, CFE or other relevant compliance qualification;
- Working knowledge of the Public Management & Finance Law, Financial Regulations and the Public Service Management Law.
- Working knowledge of the Trade and Business Licensing Law, the Local Control Companies Law, the Special Economic Zone Authority Law, Tobacco Law, Cinematography Law and the Liquor Licensing Law is advantageous.
- Familiarity with legislation and regulation affecting commercial activity in the Cayman Islands including, but not limited to, company registration, banking requirements, labour regulations, Customs, Immigration and business licensing;
- Knowledge of the Proceeds of Crime Law, Money Laundering Regulations, Regulatory Laws and regulations are an asset;
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- In-depth knowledge of compliance research databases.
Please submit your application form and resume via email to: CPIrecruitment@gov.ky or mail to:
Chief HR Officer,
Ministry of Commerce, Planning & Infrastructure,
5th floor Government Administration Building,
133 Elgin Avenue,
George Town, Grand Cayman KY1-9000
Deadline for applications is: May 24th, 2019
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.