- Agency: General Registry
- Reference: R01102019
- Posted: 09-May-2019
- Closing Date: 29-May-2019
- Salary: CI$41,724 - CI$56,112
- Job Description
The General Registry Deparment invites applications for the position of:
The function of the General Registry Department is to develop and implement policies and systems for all registers under its administration to ensure continued effective contribution to the Financial Services Industry and the general public. The Department maintains and continually updates storage mediums and facilities for records to ensure that vital statistics, corporate information and intellectual property are readily available now and in the future. In addition, the General Registry also performs the role of Supervisor for NPOs, the Competent Authority for Beneficial Ownership Regime as well as supervisor of Ordinary Companies and Section 80s for Anti Money Laundering (“AML”) and Countering Terrorism Financing (“CFT”) purposes.
The post holder will provide daily operational support to the Compliance team in respect of relevant Laws, international standards, policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Experience & Skils:
- Associate Degree in Business, Accounting or a finance related discipline;
- Compliance related designation such as ICA, ACAMS, CFE or working towards a compliance certification;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a compliance related or auditing environment;
- Knowledge in the laws and regulations related to Anti Money Laundering, Proceeds of Crime & Countering Terrorism Financing (“AML & CFT”) relevant to the jurisdiction;
- Must understand the regulatory regime in the Cayman Islands.
- Familiarity with legislation and regulation affecting corporate activity in the Cayman Islands including, but not limited to, company registration, banking requirements, labour regulations, customs, immigration and business licensing;
- Knowledge of compliance research databases and;
- Able to operate in a highly confidential and sensitive business environment.
Interested candidates should submit CIG application form, resume and cover letter of interest via email to:
Human Resources Manager
Application Deadline: 29th May 2019
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.