- Agency: Ministry of Financial Services & Home Affairs
- Reference: R01042019
- Posted: 10-May-2019
- Closing Date: 03-Jun-2019
- Salary: CI$75,852 - CI$102,036
- Job Description
The Ministry of Financial Services and Home Affairs is recruiting a Project Manager who is highly detail-oriented and organised to join the Ministry’s Team. As a member of the Team, you will provide leadership and project management oversight including assistance with requirements gathering, planning, budget management, reporting, and delivery of all assigned financial services applications and associated infrastructure. If this interests you, keep reading.
The Cayman Islands financial services industry has a global reputation for the scope and high quality of services it provides and is recognised as a major global player. Operating in this dynamic and challenging arena, financial services are faced with numerous challenges including competitive pressures and an increasing number of initiatives by international bodies and agencies.
AS PROJECT MANAGER, YOU WILL:
- Manage and take responsibility for the definition, documentation and execution of assigned projects, actively drive all phases of the project life cycle.
- Proactively identify, assess and manage risks to ensure the success of the project.
- Be fully responsible for estimating, and planning within agreed policies, using established planning techniques and tools.
- Establish and operate systems to monitor progress and takes corrective action as required by senior management.
- Design, develop and implement programme-level strategies and plans for information interoperability across all of the Ministry’s agencies and between the Ministry and the financial services industry.
- Contribute to or deliver multiple priority projects for the Chief Officer.
- Provide advice to the Chief Officer on the evolution of the e-government infrastructure and technologies employed for e-government solutions and technology purchases anticipated to be up to $2.0 million per annum.
DO YOU HAVE?
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Management plus a minimum of seven (7) years’ post-graduate experience in information systems; or an Associate’s degree in Computer Science or Information Management plus a minimum of ten (10) years’ post-graduate experience in information systems.
- A Project Management certification from a recognized industry leader such as a PMP is preferred.
- Evidence of management skills in controlling projects and managing staff, execution of difficult and complex organisational tasks, and effective management of projects from initiation through to completion is required.
- Proficiency in Project Management tools to assist in the project management process, automating manual tasks such as scheduling, resource balancing, and cross project dependencies.
- A mature, highly experienced and capable information technology professional who is fully accountable for managing the effective and efficient deployment and delivery of assigned e-Government initiatives.
The following are required submissions for the post:
- COMPLETED CAYMAN ISLANDS GOVERNMENT EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION
- COVER LETTER and RESUME
- COPIES OF RELEVANT CERTIFICATIONS / QUALIFICATIONS
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
Chief Human Resources Officer
Ministry of Financial Services and Home Affairs
133 Elgin Avenue
George Town, Grand Cayman
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 3rd June 2019
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.