- Agency: Financial Reporting Authority
- Reference: R01162019
- Posted: 15-May-2019
- Closing Date: 31-May-2019
- Salary: CI$58,344 - CI$78,456
- Job Description
CAYMAN ISLANDS GOVERNMENT
The Cayman Islands Government is currently inviting applications for the following post within the Financial Reporting Authority (FRA):
The Financial Analyst will be accountable for the analysis of disclosures of financial information reported in Suspicious Activity Reports, received by the Financial Reporting Authority (FRA). The post will report to the Senior Financial Analyst and to the Director of the FRA.
Key responsibilities of this role will include the preparation/drafting of high quality intelligence reports in a timely manner, with well supported recommendations for further action in keeping with the legislative requirements of the Proceeds of Crime Law (2019 Revision). The Financial Analyst will be responsible for a portfolio of cases of varying complexity, and will advise the Director on a wide range of financial and non-financial services, in relation to their associated risks for money laundering, terrorist financing and the financing of proliferation.
Applicants for this position should hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field (such as finance, business or law) from a recognised university. It is also a requirement that applicants possess:
- an internationally recognised qualification in the anti-money laundering field (or at least be working towards such a qualification);
- at least four (4) years of relevant experience within the finance, legal, criminal, regulatory or forensic fields; and
- knowledge, skills and experience relating to - local and international standards in combatting money laundering, terrorist financing and the financing of proliferation; the legislative and policy context of the Financial Reporting Authority; the analysis of complex financial and non-financial transactions; anti-money laundering programme designs; and detailed research and reporting.
Please note that the remuneration for these roles includes a 12% non-contributory pension plan.
Please submit your Government Application Form, as well as a cover letter, résumé or curriculum vitae to: Natalee Dyke, Portfolio of Legal Affairs, 4th Floor, Government Administration Building, 133 Elgin Avenue, P.O. Box 136, Grand Cayman, KY1-9000. Telephone: 244 4529. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for receipt of applications: Friday 31st May, 2019
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.