- Agency: Tourism
- Reference: R01172019
- Posted: 15-May-2019
- Closing Date: 30-May-2019
- Salary: CI$51,900 - CI$69,804
- Job Description
THE MINISTRY OF DISTRICT ADMINISTRATION, TOURISM & TRANSPORT
The Cayman Islands Department of Tourism
invites applications for the following post:
Reporting to the E-business and Market Research Manager. Post leads the research unitís efforts to conduct primary research and analysis to support the marketing programs and services for internal and external clients worldwide to build brand awareness, promote the destination and drive visitor arrivals.
- Conduct consumer and market research that supports overall departmental objectives
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies for unit development
- Oversee and implement computer enhancement capabilities for market research projects
- Obtain feedback internally on project scopes to ensure proposals are in line with the overall vision of the Department
- Provide detailed evaluations and RFPs
- Conduct analyses and produce reports on monthly tourism air and cruise arrivals, occupancy and length of stay, visitor exit surveys, and other available secondary research, in an attempt to gauge the performance of the tourism sector and refine understanding of the visitorís awareness, motivation and behavior
- Manage collection, preparation, and dissemination of data and the physical and electronic copies of survey reports as well as preparing the data for other presentations throughout the year.
- Monitor yearly study amongst industry stakeholders
- Develop and recommend new mechanisms to enhance data capture processes from the wedding market
- Design and coordinate yearly studies of summer guests to provide usable information relating to programme and future improvements.
- Make recommendations to managers regarding key findings and trends
- Design and coordinate proposals to enhance the usefulness of data sourced from the Cayman Islands Immigration Department
- Share information and collaborate with other government departments/agencies, Caribbean Tourism Organization, World Tourism Organization and other stakeholders as required
- Train and supervise Enumerators with survey methodologies, survey tips, techniques and requirements as well as ethical research practices in the collection and processing of research data
Applicants should possess:
- Bachelorís degree in Economics, Commerce or Business Administration (emphasis on Research & Statistics.).
- Minimum of 7 years work experience in market research, statistics and analysis.
- Working knowledge of consumer research, statistics and analysis, forecasting and survey methodologies.
- Experience in financial planning, budgeting & cost control
- Experience with web base market research
- Strong familiarity with SPSS or other statistical software
- Computer literacy particularly in Microsoft Office and SQL Server 7.0
- Highly developed written and verbal presentation skills.
PLEASE SUBMIT APPLICATION FORM & RESUME TO:
Human Resources Attn: Recruitment
Cayman Islands Department of Tourism
Government Administration Building Box 134
Grand Cayman KY1-9000
For application forms please visit www.recruitment.gov.ky
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: 30TH MAY 2019
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.