Counsellor (Community Based)
- Agency: Counselling Services
- Reference: R01642019
- Posted: 12-Jun-2019
- Closing Date: 26-Jun-2019
- Salary: CI$51,900 - CI$69,804
- Job Description
Ministry of Health, Environment, Culture and Housing
TheDepartment of Counselling Services is seeking to fill the following vacancy:
Counsellor (Community Based)
offers commensurate with education and years of experience
The post holder will be required to provide high quality; evidence based community based treatment services at The Counselling Centre. The Counselling Centre embraces a systemic approach to treatment, and the client’s strengths and experiences are validated and central to the process of therapy.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Conduct comprehensive biopsychosocial assessments on clients who present for services;
- Develop in conjunction with clients individualised treatment plans, evaluate progress of clients towards achieving stated goals, and modify if necessary;
- Offer individual, couples, family and group therapy sessions using a client centered approach.
- Complete relevant file documentation, including reports
- Provide clinical monitoring and appropriate direction to trainees or interns.
Client populations include persons experiencing difficulties as a result of trauma, addiction, family and relationship difficulties, mental health issues and individual psycho-social problems. Post holder will assume responsibility for a caseload averaging 40-60 clients depending on the demand, which should generate a minimum of 25 direct client contacts per week, in addition to requiring case management and care coordination.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
The successful applicant should possess the following:
- A Master’s Degree in a Social Science, and have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in direct client contact employing a client centred approach OR Bachelor’s degree with 5 years’ experience in direct client contact employing a client centred approach
- Individual and group therapy skills are required
- Experience working with mandated clients would be an asset.
- Knowledge of co-occurring disorders, and experience working with dually diagnosed clients would also be considered an asset.
- Excellent communication skills are required, including the ability to develop proper case documentation.
- Cross cultural experience would also be considered an asset.
PLEASE SUBMIT COVER LETTER, APPLICATION FORM & RESUME TO:
Department of Counselling Services
3rd Floor, Royal Plaza Building
P.O. Box 10142
Grand Cayman KY1-1002
Application Deadline: 26-June-2019
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.