Cyber Forensic Operative
- Agency: Police
- Reference: R01882019
- Posted: 05-Jul-2019
- Closing Date: 19-Jul-2019
- Salary: CI$41,724 - CI$44,928
- Job Description
Applications are invited for the following civilian post:-
Cyber Forensic Operative
The Royal Cayman Islands Police Service (RCIPS) is currently seeking to employ a Cyber Forensic Operative who will assist with conducting forensic examinations and analysis of computer hardware and software, and other electronic media in order to obtain evidence for presentation in courts both in the Cayman Islands and elsewhere.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Assisting with the management of digital devices that focus on complex examinations of mainly computer and telephone type devices- supporting investigation of serious crimes (Child abuse, financial scamming, phishing etc.).
- In-field digital collections, extraction and processing of data from a variety of seized digital devices to defined policies and procedures.
- Data collection, using forensic imaging of devices and best-practice standards
- Analysis of data using data trace files, extraction of images and algorithms by Interpol.
- Responsible for maintaining the full chain of evidence of a seized device and ensuring proper documentation and reporting, as well as providing pro-active feedback for continual improvement processing.
- Assist with the maintenance of the specialist laboratory/field equipment ensuring that software/firmware updates and patched are fully implemented and that all items used within the laboratory function correctly.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The post holder must possess an Associate’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems;and
- Have a minimum of two (2) years proven experience with carrying out digital recovery and forensic analysis.
- Must have the ability/experience disassembling and reassembling digital devices particularly computers, laptops and mobile phones
- Strong technical background with familiarity in technical threat research, and a deep understanding of the threat landscape.
Other Essential skills and experience include:-
- Excellent oral and interpersonal skills, being able to communicate effectively
- Possess strong analysis and evaluation sills and the ability to make recommendations
- Strong prioritization and time management skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to work under pressure
- Confidentiality in daily operations
- Ability to conduct daily duties in a professional appearance and manner.
Preference will be given to Caymanians
Please submit completed Government Application Form and, resume to:
Chief Human Resources Manager
Royal Cayman Islands Police Service
P.O. Box 909, CAYMAN ISLANDS KY1-1103.
Deadline for receipt of applications: 19th July 2019
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.