- Agency: Department of Public Safety Communications
- Reference: R01902019
- Posted: 05-Jul-2019
- Closing Date: 22-Jul-2019
- Salary: CI$37,716 - CI$50,700
- Job Description
The Department of Public Safety Communications (DPSC) provides a 24/7/365 dispatch service and coordination centre to support emergency response in the Cayman Islands. DPSC is the link between all of the emergency entities on all three islands and provide life-saving, pre-arrival instruction to callers, to lessen the impact of an emergency; and to maintain the safety of first responders.
Telecommunicator II is a critical role and forms the first line of emergency response across these Cayman Islands. This role is for an experienced Public Safety Dispatcher/Telecommunicator who is vigilant in their duties with proven skills in organization and effective dispatch of calls for service.
AS TELECOMMUNICATOR II, YOU WILL:
- Remain level headed and be the calm in the storm for persons in duress.
- Use a variety of computer software to carryout Electronic Monitoring, Video Surveillance/CCTV, and Dispatching of emergency services.
- Maintain objectivity in the decision making process and act in a decisive manner, using good judgment.
- Contribute ideas in the review and update of processes and procedural manuals.
- Monitor route and status of field units to coordinate and prioritize their schedule.
DO YOU HAVE?
- A High School Diploma with 3 – 5 years’ experience as a 9-1-1 Public Safety Dispatcher/Telecommunicator or equivalent or successfully completed classroom and on the job training as a Public Safety Communications Telecommunicator – Trainee Level for the Cayman Islands Government.
- APCO Certifications in Public Safety Communications and Emergency Medical Dispatch; First Aid & CPR trained as well as Fire Dispatch certified.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing and the ability to type at minimum 25 words per minute.
- The proven ability to work well under pressure and remain level headed.
- Attention to detail, good active listening skills as well as organizational skills.
The following are required submissions for the post:
- COMPLETED CAYMAN ISLANDS GOVERNMENT EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION
- COVER LETTER and RESUME
- COPIES OF RELEVANT CERTIFICATIONS / QUALIFICATIONS
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
Chief Human Resources Officer
Ministry of Financial Services and Home Affairs
133 Elgin Avenue
George Town, Grand Cayman
APPLICATION DEADLINE: JULY 22, 2019
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.