- Agency: Department of Public Safety Communications
- Reference: R01912019
- Posted: 05-Jul-2019
- Closing Date: 22-Jul-2019
- Salary: CI$30,912 - CI$41,544
- Job Description
The Department of Public Safety Communications (DPSC) provides a 24/7/365 dispatch service and coordination centre to support emergency response in the Cayman Islands. DPSC is the link between all of the emergency entities on all three islands and provide life-saving, pre-arrival instruction to callers, to lessen the impact of an emergency; and to maintain the safety of first responders.
Trainee Telecommunicator is a role for individual’s interested in pursuing a career in emergency first response and is the first step in joining the ranks of the first responder community in Public Safety Communications. The post of Trainee Telecommunicator is a skilled position requiring the post holder to process and action high volumes of emergency and non-emergency calls for service.
AS TRAINEE TELECOMMUNICATOR, YOU WILL:
- Receive up to 2 years classroom and On-The-Job training as a Telecommunicator which will include the successful completion of Association for Public-Safety Communications-International (APCO) Certifications in Public Safety Communications and Emergency Medical Dispatch; First Aid & CPR trained as well as Fire Dispatch certified.
- Develop the skills to remain level headed and be the calm in the storm for persons in duress.
- Use a variety of computer software to carryout Electronic Monitoring, Video Surveillance/CCTV, and Dispatching of emergency services.
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge base as it relates to the activation and dispatch of emergency services.
DO YOU HAVE?
- Possess a High School Diploma and the ability to type at minimum 25 words per minute, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience working in the general public.
- Possess the ability to process large amounts of information and accurately record names and numbers.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Work well under pressure and remain level headed.
The following are required submissions for the post:
- COMPLETED CAYMAN ISLANDS GOVERNMENT EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION
- COVER LETTER and RESUME
- COPIES OF RELEVANT CERTIFICATIONS / QUALIFICATIONS
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
Chief Human Resources Officer
Ministry of Financial Services and Home Affairs
133 Elgin Avenue
George Town, Grand Cayman
APPLICATION DEADLINE: JULY 22, 2019
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.