Deputy Director (Health Insurance Regulation)
- Agency: Health Regulatory Services
- Reference: R01922019
- Posted: 05-Jul-2019
- Closing Date: 21-Jul-2019
- Salary: CI$84,876 - CI$114,156
- Job Description
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH REGULATORY SERVICES
The Department of Health Regulatory Services invites applications for the post of:
DEPUTY DIRECTOR (HEALTH INSURANCE REGULATION)
The Department of Health Regulatory Services is responsible for monitoring and regulating the Health Insurance and Health Care Industry in the Cayman Islands. The successful applicant will be responsible for providing health insurance regulatory and supervisory services in the Cayman Islands in accordance with the Health Insurance Law (2016 Revision), the Health Insurance Regulations (2013 Revision) and the Health Insurance Commission Law (2010 Revision).
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Administering the process for the “approved insurer” certification and renewal of certification in accordance with the Health Insurance Commission’s policies and procedures.
- Monitoring premium rates to ensure compliance with the health insurance regulations.
- Monitoring all benefit plans to make certain that the core prescribed benefits are maintained in all health insurance contracts.
- Investigating complaints & conduct investigations.
- Prepare case files for Administrative Fines and for submission to the Director of Public Prosecution.
- Managing the collection of health insurance industry related data and preparing reports.
- Prepare monthly reports on the performance of the HIC and the health insurance industry.
- Responsible for providing the HIC’s public relations activities on health insurance and the health insurance legislation.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
The successful candidate should possess:
- A Masters’ Degree in Business Administration or Healthcare Administration or a recognized professional qualification in healthcare, law or health insurance.
- Five years of Senior Management experience preferably within the healthcare sector or health insurance industry.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide guidance and advice to stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to multi-task in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Please submit an application form and resume to:
Human Resources Manager
Ministry of Health, Environment, Culture & Housing
5th Floor, Government Administration Building
Grand Cayman KY1-9000, Cayman Islands
SUNDAY JULY 21, 2019
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.