Deputy Chief Finanical Officer ( 1 year contract or secondment opportunity)
- Agency: Portfolio of the Civil Service
- Reference: V0014/19
- Posted: 05-Jul-2019
- Closing Date: 26-Jul-2019
- Salary: CI$66,876 - CI$89,940
- Job Description
Portfolio of the Civil Service
We are accepting applications for the position of:
Deputy Chief Financial Officer
(1 year contract or secondment opportunity)
The post holder will assist the Chief Financial Officer with the budgeting, financial accounting and reporting functions for the Portfolio, including financial transaction processing and working capital management.
The postholder is responsible for, but not limited to:
- Managing the full spectrum of accounting functions of the Portfolio and Executive activities.
- Assist the CFO with all finance and budgetary matters.
- Assist in implementing systems and processes for performance reporting and accrual accounting.
- Prepare and submit various reports and statistical analysis.
- Prepare and monitor financial forecasts.
- Manage and train staff on finance systems and process.
- Deputize for the CFO, as and when required.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
The post holder must possess:
- A Bachelorís Degree in Accounting or Business Administration, hold a professional Accounting qualification and have a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience;
- A high level of proficiency in using financial accounting systems and advanced MS Excel skills;
- A proven ability to analyze, interpret and report on financial information;
- A full understanding of the Public Management and Finance Law and Oracle IRIS system is highly desirable.
- Attention to detail with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Supervisory experience and the ability to work effectively with a team.
Please submit completed Government
Application Form and, Resume by email to:
HR Executive, Portfolio of the Civil Service
2nd floor Government Administration Building
Deadline for receipt of applications:
26th July 2019
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.