- Agency: Police
- Reference: R01942019
- Posted: 08-Jul-2019
- Closing Date: 23-Jul-2019
- Salary: CI$46,488 - CI$52,596
- Job Description
Applications are invited for the civilian post of:-
The Trainer will provide professional training to the RCIPS law enforcement teams including Police and Support staff learners and will be responsible for researching, planning, preparing, executing and assessing training including but not limited to the development of educational resources and maintenance of training register.
Principal responsibilities will include but will not be limited to the following:
- Develop, organize, coordinate, and implement in-house training programs, including interactive media, for all RCIPS employees;
- Create Training scenarios to facilitate adequate learning techniques, compiling action plans and feedback mechanisms for learners;
- Plan and prepare training packages to cater to a variety of training needs across a broad spectrum of ranks, positions and abilities where required inclusive of scheduling, arranging venue and presenters when necessary;
- Participate in recruitment and selection activities, including but not limited to proctoring new recruit examinations, providing assessment feedback and compiling assessment reports;
- Monitor and maintain all training records in automated database as well as physical files to ensure accurate record keeping and compliance with best practises;
- Facilitate testing of applicants for the role of Constable as well as promotion exams for serving officers as required.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- A Diploma in Teaching in Lifelong Learning Sector (DTTLLS) or equivalent.
- A Certificate in Education (PGCE) would be preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years as a Trainer with at least three (3) years as a Police Trainer/Instructor in all technical and
- At least three (3) years professional experience in law enforcement.
Other Essential skills and experience include:-
- Strong time management, leadership, communication, interpersonal, problem solving and technical skills.
- High degree of technical presentation skills with proven ability to deliver complex and extensive training to diverse groups with varying levels of experience.
- Sound knowledge of laws, regulations, precedents, legal law enforcement codes, criminal investigative methods and techniques within the Cayman Islands.
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel and Access.
Preference will be given to suitable Caymanians
Please submit completed Government Application Form and, resume to:
Chief Human Resources Manager
Royal Cayman Islands Police Service
P.O. Box 909, CAYMAN ISLANDS KY1-1103.
Deadline for receipt of applications: 23rd July 2019/p>
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.