Human Resource Officer
- Agency: Police
- Reference: R02192019
- Posted: 09-Aug-2019
- Closing Date: 23-Aug-2019
- Salary: CI$41,724 - CI$47,220
- Job Description
Applications are invited for the following civilian post of:
Human Resource Officer
The Human Resources Officer will provide operational support to the Human Resources Manager in coordinating and implementing a wide range of Human Resource Services for the Royal Cayman Islands Police Service in an impartial and well-informed manner, utilizing staff policies, procedures and regulations.
Principal responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Assist with the provision of guidance and support to staff relating to workforce issues, organization changes, compensation and benefits, terms and conditions of employment and other HR related matters.
- Prepare and process HR correspondence inclusive of, but not limited to employment agreements, change of circumstance, pension forms, job references, acting appointments, transfers and acceptance of resignation/retirement.
- Provide administrative support in recruitment and selection including but not limited to updating job descriptions, composing job advertisements, liaising with candidates and panel members, assisting with shortlisting, pre-employment testing, scheduling interviews, arranging medicals and background checks, notifying successful and unsuccessful candidates.
- Communicate policies, procedures and responsibilities to staff pertaining to any changes in personnel procedures, by way of e-mail, internal memorandums and circulars.
- Perform internal reviews and due diligence checks researching, analysing and drafting responses to audit queries, FOI requests and others inquiries.
- Provide documentation to internal and external stakeholders with regards to all HR services as appropriate acting as RCIPS HR point of contact.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
Applicants must possess an Associate’s degree in Human Resources Management or professional HR Certification, with four (4) years’ experience in Human Resources Management.
Other Essential skills and experience include:-
- High degree of technical, analytical and research skills;
- Highly effective interpersonal, communication, relationship building and presentation skills;
- Sound knowledge of HR IRIS, TRS and Microsoft Office applications;
- Working knowledge of and ability to interpret laws and regulations affecting the HR function including but not limited to Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations and Public Service Pensions Law, Police Law.
Preference will be given to suitable Caymanians
All applicants must complete the Government Application Form and submit their Resume with two (2) professional references via email to:
Chief Human Resources Manager
Royal Cayman Islands Police Service
P.O. Box 909, CAYMAN ISLANDS KY1-1103
At email: RCIPSRecruitment@rcips.ky
Deadline for receipt of applications: 23rd August 2019
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.