- Agency: Cayman Islands Government
- Reference: V021/19
- Posted: 28-Aug-2019
- Closing Date: 20-Sep-2019
- Salary: CI$46,488 - CI$62,532
- Job Description
Ministry of International Trade, Investment, Aviation & Maritime Affairs
Invites applications for the position of:
We are seeking an individual to provide efficient and effective administrative support services to the Chief Officer and his office, with due regard for the sensitive nature of highly classified and confidential material/information that flows through the office.
The applicant must be capable of performing the following duties, along with others listed in the Job Description:
- Organises and prepares for all meetings and appointments including: confirmation of venue, preparation of agenda and all relevant documents, recording and production of notes and/or minutes and dissemination to attendees as required.
- Collates answers to Parliamentary Questions, submissions for the Annual Report, the Throne Speech and other speeches and presentations;
- Performs secretarial and administrative duties for the Chief Officer such as taking dictation, transcribing minutes and letters, photocopying, typing memoranda, reports, etc.
- Researches and drafts Cabinet Papers on behalf of the Chief Officer and processes them for submission to Cabinet. Liaises with Cabinet to arrange for the submission of late papers as required by the Chief Officer.
- Manage office supplies and maintenance of office equipment.
- Provide all reception and general office administration functions including running office errands and scheduling meetings.
- Arranges Official Travel for the Chief Officer and other visiting dignitaries, including: liaising with overseas contacts to confirm event dates, agenda details, etc., obtain airline and hotel reservations and prepare necessary requests for official travel advances and expense claims.
- Assists with the organization of official events and participates as required.
The successful candidate should possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree or alternatively a minimum of six (6) years’ experience in a related field.
- Knowledge of protocols and the ability to exercise diplomacy in relation to working with Senior Government officials, dignitaries, and members of the FCO.
- Honesty, maturity, have a pleasant personality, be people-oriented, able to work under pressure, be articulate, with the ability to produce work within a set time frame.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational, time management skills and the ability to act on one’s own initiative, without supervision on complex matters.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills that develops and maintains effective working relationships and professional work ethics.
- A valid drivers’ license and access to a vehicle for transportation during working hours.
PLEASE SUBMIT EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION FORM & RESUME VIA EMAIL TO:
Human Resources Executive
Portfolio of the Civil Service
The deadline for receipt of applications is 11:59PM Friday, September 20th, 2019.
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.