- Agency: Ministry of Financial Services & Home Affairs
- Reference: R02632019
- Posted: 06-Sep-2019
- Closing Date: 26-Sep-2019
- Salary: CI$58,344 - CI$78,456
- Job Description
The Ministry of Financial Services and Home Affairs is recruiting a highly detail-oriented and organized individual to join the Department of Financial Services Policy and Legislation team. The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting research, monitoring, analysis and information gathering, provide support in the consultation process and international engagements. If this interests you, keep reading.
The Department is responsible for providing policy development and legislative advice in in response to competitive pressures and international initiatives.
AS POLICY ANALYST, YOU WILL:
- Research, monitoring and analysis of local and international initiatives which relate to or have an impact on financial services in the Cayman Islands.
- Provide research and background information for Cabinet Papers, Notes, and Position Papers dealing with the financial services industry.
- Research and assist with the development of draft speeches to facilitate the Ministerís introduction of Bills, official motions and participation in other business of the Legislative Assembly.
- Collaborate with other public agencies and/or other organisations on the results of research, monitoring and information gathering to ensure a holistic and consistent approach to policy development.
- Assist with the preparations for reviews by international bodies.
DO YOU HAVE?
- Bachelorís Degree in Finance, Economics, Law or related discipline plus 3-5 years relevant experience.
- Knowledge of the Cayman Islands financial services industry.
- Familiarity with legislation and regulation affecting financial services.
- Demonstrated use of resourcefulness, analysis and creativity to meet deliverables.
- Skills in interacting with senior government officials domestically and overseas and in supranational bodies.
- Ability to approach highly sensitive and strategic matters which must be with integrity, insight and informed intelligence.
- Strong analytical and organisational skills.
The following are required submissions for the post:
- COMPLETED CAYMAN ISLANDS GOVERNMENT EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION
- COVER LETTER and RESUME
- COPIES OF RELEVANT CERTIFICATIONS / QUALIFICATIONS
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
Chief Human Resources Officer
Ministry of Financial Services and Home Affairs
133 Elgin Avenue
George Town, Grand Cayman
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 26th September 2019
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.