Management Support Advisor
- Agency: Portfolio of the Civil Service
- Reference: V025/19
- Posted: 25-Sep-2019
- Closing Date: 27-Oct-2019
- Salary: CI$75,852 - CI$102,036
- Job Description
The Portfolio of the Civil Service invites applications for the post of:
Management Support Adviser
Working as an internal consultant, using organisational development skills, to provide advice, support and capability development to Chief Officers and Heads of Ministries/Portfolios you will ensure that the civil service is equipped to provide a world class service to its customers, is a great place to work for all employees and is able to successfully execute its mission.
The post-holder must be a seasoned Organisation Development and Design (OD&D) professional with a Master’s Degree in Organisation Development, or a professional qualification in a related discipline, with five (5) years’ experience as an OD consultant, evidence of continued professional development and at least 3 years general management experience.
The post holder is expected to demonstrate the civil service core competencies at Strategic Director level in addition to exhibiting the Technical Competencies of the MSU adviser (as set out in the MSU Adviser Competency framework) at level 4:
- Relationship Management– able to build rapport- demonstrating credibility and earning trust;
- Professionalism - able to demonstrate understanding of business issues and provide expertise; presenting with confidence;
- Influencing and Negotiating – able to work with client and use different levers to ensure that organisational priorities are met and contracted work is realistic;
- Systemic Thinking – able to view issues within the context of a whole service, understanding the connections, influences (including external environment) and impacts (positive and negative);
- Data Analysis and Presentation – able to analyse and present data in a consistent way that draws out the key themes, underlying issues and provides an evidence based approach;
- Technical Expertise - knowledge and understanding of a range of technical areas including change, Strategic planning, HR management, organisation design and Learning and Development;
- Programme and Project Management – delivery within a programmatic approach to ensure that the scope is clear, risks are managed and deliverables are met. Facilitate iterative cycles of change towards the big goals;
- Organisational Capability - build OD interventions that align and integrate structure, capability, systems, process and culture to support organisation goals;
- Critical Objectivity – ability to apply critical analysis in an objective way that views data without assumptions;
- Continuous Improvement – a focus on tackling issues and building on successes / The ongoing improvement of services or processes through incremental/ breakthrough improvements.
Interested applicants should submit application form and resume to: email@example.com
Application deadline: 27th October 2019
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.