Support Assistant (District Administration,Cayman Brac)
- Agency: District Administration
- Reference: R03012019
- Posted: 27-Sep-2019
- Closing Date: 15-Oct-2019
- Salary: CI$19,428 - CI$26,124
- Job Description
Cayman Islands Government
DISTRICT ADMINISTRATION, CAYMAN BRAC
Invites applications for the following positions:
(DISTRICT ADMINISTRATION, CAYMAN BRAC)
The Department is seeking an individual to support the work of the Child Care Supervisor and other staff within the Day Care Center, particularly in the area of special needs, working with the students in a variety of settings under professional guidance.
The applicant must be capable of performing the following duties along with others listed in JD:
- Work with the students under the direction of the Childcare Supervisor.
- Observe specific teaching methods and get a clear understanding of the relationship between teaching methods and factual knowledge.
- Ability to set clear limits and model respectful interaction
- Assist with reading remediation
- Assist and provide remedial help to the students
- Assist in the extracurricular activities and other programs and events related to the needs of the students.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
The successful candidate should possess the following:
- Sound secondary education and should possess a high level of mastery in reading, writing and math.
- Experience in working with young people, particularly in a supervisory or teaching setting is preferred
- Experience training in working with children with learning exceptionalities and physical limitations is desirable.
- Computer literate (Word and Excel)
PLEASE SUBMIT APPLICATION FORM & RESUME TO:
Human Resources Manager
District Commissionerís Office
District Administration Building
P.O. Box 240, Cayman Brac KY2-2101, Cayman Islands
Or via e-mail: DCOfficerecruitment@gov.ky
The required government application form must be completed in its entirety, incomplete forms may be disqualified.
Deadline for receipt of applications is October 15, 2019
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.