Clerical Officer I (District Administration, Cayman Brac)
- Agency: District Administration
- Reference: R03022019
- Posted: 27-Sep-2019
- Closing Date: 16-Oct-2019
- Salary: CI$27,612 - CI$37,140
- Job Description
Cayman Islands Government
DISTRICT ADMINISTRATION, CAYMAN BRAC
Invites applications for the following positions:
CLERICAL OFFICER I
(DISTRICT COMMISSIONERS OFFICE - DISTRICT ADMINISTRATION, CAYMAN BRAC)
The Department is seeking an individual to provide a range of administrative and other support services to facilitate the efficient and effective delivery of the Departmentís Internal and External Outputs.
The applicant must be capable of performing the following duties along with others listed in JD:
- Process travel document applications (passports, visas, waivers, etc.)
- Process Births, Deaths and Marriage registration and issue Certificates upon request on behalf of the Registrarís Office
- Collect revenue, process receipts and accounts for rental houses, cemetery vaults, passports, waivers, pool rental, Heritage House, Birth, Death and Marriage Certificates, Spear Gun and Turtle Licenses, Company Registration, Annual Returns and Certificates of Good Standing, Notaries Public and Special Marriage Licenses
- Balance cash, receipts and reconcile accounts daily with Higher Executive Officer
- Secure and retrieve files for management staff and ensure the proper maintenance of an effective filing system
- Type letters, memoranda and other documentation as directed by the Supervisor and other senior management staff
- Perform receptionist duties, ensuring that all calls and enquiries are processed efficiently
- Assist HR Manager with managing the TRS for all Interns and assist with the administrative duties as it relates to recruitment
- Any other job related duties assigned by the Supervisor or other senior staff as it relates to HR duties
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
The successful candidate should possess the following:
- Minimum of High School Diploma with 2 to 3 O Levels
- A good command of the English language, the ability to type 40-50 wpm accurately, good computer and filing skills, a pleasant demeanor and the ability to take instructions.
- Previous experience working in a similar office environment is recommended but not absolutely necessary.
- The post holder must demonstrate effective communication skills, both written and oral.
PLEASE SUBMIT APPLICATION FORM & RESUME TO:
Human Resources Manager
District Commissionerís Office
District Administration Building
P.O. Box 240, Cayman Brac KY2-2101, Cayman Islands
Or via e-mail: DCOfficerecruitment@gov.ky
The required government application form must be completed in its entirety, incomplete forms may be disqualified.
Deadline for receipt of applications is October 16, 2019
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.