- Agency: Public Works
- Reference: PWD/019/19
- Posted: 06-Nov-2019
- Closing Date: 26-Nov-2019
- Salary: CI$37,716 - CI$50,700
- Job Description
The Public Works Department invites applications invites applications for the position of:
The post holder will provide administrative, executive and secretarial support to the Senior Manager (Organizational Development & Operational Support (OD&OS) in the delivery of his/her role; provide essential administrative and organizational support in relation to employee training, the PWD Apprenticeship Programme, relevant project work, Health & Safety and Fleet and Stores.
The Administrative Officer will
- Support the Senior Manager (OD&OS) with ongoing and ad-hoc projects, including those relating to change management, improvement planning, emergency response, succession planning, job evaluation and employee career, planning;
- Provide full administrative, and secretarial assistance to the Senior Manager (OD&OS) to include: managing appointments, diaries, calendars and schedules; drafting correspondence and documents in accordance with set guidelines and procedures; data filing, reporting and retrieval; providing meeting/conference support (minutes, venues, hosting, travel)
- In conjunction with the Training, Safety & Quality Assurance Coordinator, track training and development activity and expenditure and produce regular reports to assist in the monitoring of training targets and strategic objectives.
- Provide administrative support to the Stores Manager, Fleet Manager, Vocational Trainer and the Multi-disciplinary Board;
- Assist in the supervision of voluntary staff and student interns as required; maintain and update manual and electronic records and a filing system/database for the PWD Apprenticeship Programme;
- Book process and register employees onto in-house and external training and assist in the administration for the delivery of between 15-20 Seminars and Workshops.
Qualification, Experience & Skills
The Post holder must possess an Associate’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent relevant subject area; or a Diploma in Secretarial Studies or similar qualification. He/She should have a minimum of five (5) years of related experience.
Additionally post holder must possess strong oral and written communication skills, good computer skills and especially have experience in Microsoft Office, i.e. Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel etc. and be capable of working on own initiative and meet deadlines. He/She should possess good interpersonal skills and have the ability to listen and work well with all types of people.
Preference will be given to suitably qualified and experienced Caymanians
PLEASE SUBMIT OFFICIAL APPLICATION FORM, RESUME AND COVERING LETTER TO:
Human Resources Manager
Public Works Department
P.O. Box 10505
Grand Cayman KY1-1005
Fax: (345) 949-7731
Or e-mail: PWDREcruitment@gov.ky
APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 26, 2019
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.