- Agency: Public Works
- Reference: PWD/020/19
- Posted: 06-Nov-2019
- Closing Date: 26-Nov-2019
- Salary: CI$34,164 - CI$45,984
- Job Description
The Public Works Department invites applications invites applications for the position of:
The Post holder will provide technical support to the Vocational Trainers in delivering effective practical training as part of the Public Works Department (PWD) Apprenticeship Programme.
The post holder will
- Prepare the workshops for the training of Apprentices ensuring a clean and organized workshop/training environment – including the maintenance and use of workshop vacuums and cleaning solutions;
- Maintain an inventory of training materials/supplies, tools and equipment used within the workshops. Maintain the security of stock, recommend purchases to the Vocational Trainers as necessary and process the ordering where approved.
- Liaise with the Vocational Trainers to identify the construction materials/supplies needed for workshop training;
- Ensure the workshop, equipment, tools and materials constitute a safe working/training environment.
- Provide technical support to the Vocational Trainers during practical workshops, which facilitate the teaching, application and test of new vocational skills.
- Assist the Vocational Trainers with the organization and administration of practical site placements with Mentors from both within PWD and the Private Sector.
Qualification, Experience & Skills
Ideally the post holder should have a Tertiary Certification/Trade School Diploma in relevant disciplines, including at least two of the following (general construction, plumbing, air-conditioning, site carpentry, painting or electrical installation); a minimum of two(2) years of relevant/practical experience of working within a laboratory/workshop.
A valid Group 2 Drivers Licence, First Aid and CPR Certificate and a relevant certification in a safety discipline in the construction industry or example OSHA 10 hour.
Additionally post holder should demonstrate the ability to effectively use hand/power tools, operate equipment and utilize materials/supplies used in the vocational training and general construction, plumbing, air-conditioning, site carpentry, painting, and electrical installation. He/She must possess good oral and written communication skills, be competent in the use of Word Excel and a variety of Computer Aided Design software and multi-media products. He/She should possess good interpersonal skills and have the ability to listen and work well with all types of people.
Preference will be given to suitably qualified and experienced Caymanians
PLEASE SUBMIT OFFICIAL APPLICATION FORM, RESUME AND COVERING LETTER TO:
Human Resources Manager
Public Works Department
P.O. Box 10505
Grand Cayman KY1-1005
Fax: (345) 949-7731
Or e-mail: PWDREcruitment@gov.ky
APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 26, 2019
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.