DVES – Mechanic I (2 Positions)
- Agency: Ministry of Commerce, Planning and Infrastructure
- Reference: MI-19-2
- Posted: 29-Nov-2019
- Closing Date: 13-Dec-2019
- Salary: CI$41,724 - CI$56,112
- Job Description
CAYMAN ISLANDS GOVERNMENT
Ministry of Commerce, Planning, and Infrastructure (CP&I)
Department of Vehicle and Equipment Services (DVES)
Invites applications for the following full time position(s):
DVES – Mechanic I (2 Positions)
To handle complex mechanical maintenance and repair needs on Government fleet and efficiently complete these jobs at the best economic price. To ensure work is in accordance with other accredited institution for or associated with the Automotive Industry such as the United Technical Institute, the Institute of Motor Industry, the National Institute of Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) safety and repair standards.
The post holder will:
- Provide maintenance and repair assistance to Government fleet which accounts for 1000 + units.
- Provide solutions to complex mechanical and electrical issues on a wide range of Government fleet
- Contribute to an average of 3,300 maintenance and repair jobs per annum focusing on more complex jobs.
- Complete an average of 2-4 assignments per week, with more complex assignments being completed within an average of 3 weeks.
- Conduct routine checks on approximately 40 emergency generators.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- Minimum Five (5) years practical experience in a related field and in a supervisory position
- Industry recognized Automotive Certification/diploma an asset
- Minimum 2 years large Fleet Maintenance experience
- Ability to use all diagnostic equipment and tools
- Tire repair, installation balance for all type tires
- Must be physically fit and exercise clean, safe and productive work practices in compliance with OSHA
- Must have suitable tools and a valid Group 4 drivers license
- Welding repairs (TIG, MIG, ARC, Oxy/Acetylene)
- Body repair/paint all vehicles and equipment within the fleet
- Ability to diagnose electrical and mechanical system failures accurately and efficiently on various Vehicles & Equipment
- Overhaul gas & diesel engines, transmissions (automatic and manual). Experience required in HVAC electrical, small and large engine repair (both gas and diesel), welding, fabricating, air and hydraulic systems.
- Maintain a high level of repair efficiently and productivity
- Perform repairs in various climate conditions within DVES compound & in the field.
- Supervise support staff in performing mechanical, electrical, bodywork, welding, and tire related repair operations in a manner that ensures work is completed accurately and efficiently
- Operate and road test all types of vehicles and equipment within the fleet
- Any other duties required by the Section Supervisor or, higher management within the post-holder’s capabilities
Please submit official application form, resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Administration and Finance Manager
Department of Vehicle and Equipment Services
North Sound Road
PO Box 1558
George Town, Grand Cayman KY1-1110
Deadline for receipt of completed applications is 13th December, 2019
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.