Personal Assistant to the Chief Officer
- Agency: Ministry of Health, Environment, Culture & Housing
- Reference: R0032020
- Posted: 10-Jan-2020
- Closing Date: 26-Jan-2020
- Salary: CI$48,816 - CI$65,664
- Job Description
The Ministry of Health, Environment, Culture & Housing invites applications for the post of:
PERSONAL ASSISTANT TO THE CHIEF OFFICER
The Personal Assistant to the Chief Officer provides full administrative and secretarial support to the Chief Officer, and is a role which requires the post holder to be flexible and willing to take on new tasks at short notice.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- taking dictation, transcribing minutes and letters, filing and photocopying
- typing of memoranda, letters, reports and Cabinet submissions.
- managing the Chief Officerís calendar, organising official travel
- responding to correspondence and organising all meetings
- acting as the link between the Chief Officer and all stakeholders
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
The successful candidate should possess the following:
- A Bachelorís degree in Business Administration or equivalent, a Diploma or Certificate as an Executive Secretary/Certificate in Business Administration or Paralegal qualification with a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; OR a High School Diploma with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience and specialized skills as an Executive Assistant, Higher Executive Officer, Paralegal/Secretary.
- excellent planning, organizational, time-management and problem solving skills, and be detailed oriented.
- the ability to work within tight deadlines, independently with minimal supervision and as a part of a team.
- sound judgment, high level of confidentiality, strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- excellent communication (verbal & written), interpersonal and negotiation skills
- excellent typing skills, computer literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Publisher, etc.)
Please submit an application form and resume to:
Human Resources Manager
Ministry of Health, Environment, Culture & Housing
5th Floor, Government Administration Building
Grand Cayman KY1-9000, Cayman Islands
APPLICATION DEADLINE:SUNDAY JANUARY 26, 2019
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.