- Agency: Police
- Reference: R0062020
- Posted: 10-Jan-2020
- Closing Date: 24-Jan-2020
- Salary: CI$54,504 - CI$61,680
- Job Description
Applications are invited for the civilian post of:-
The Financial Administrator will assist the Deputy Financial Controller in managing the accounts receivables and payables for the Royal Cayman Islands Police Service (RCIPS) including but not limited to budget preparation and prepare financial performance reports.
Principal responsibilities will include but will not be limited to the following:
- In consultation with the Deputy Financial Controller, review all systems of internal control periodically and make the necessary recommendations for continue improvement;
- Supervise and assign duties/tasks to Accounts staff in processing deposits, posting invoices, client billing, special attendance and follow up to ensure timeliness, accuracy and completeness of all transactions;
- Assist in the preparation of monthly cabinet invoices, quarterly reports and other ad hoc financial reports
- Process official travel expense claim form in accordance with the Government’s official travel policy for the department;
- Assist in the preparation of financial request from the Ministry which includes but not limited to an expenditure analysis, cash flow; cheque runs explanations, revenue collection and forecasting
- Collate and prepare in consultation with the Deputy Financial Controller monthly, quarterly and annual actual vs budget performance reports.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Applicants must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and a minimum of three (3) years’ relevant experience
- No less than one (1) year supervisory experience
Other Essential skills and experience include:-
- A thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, including adequate experience establishing and monitoring budgets;
- Ability to analyse and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and/or projects;
- Working knowledge of the current Public Management and Finance Law;
- Proficiency in computer application software including (Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with the various dealings of the department.
Please submit completed Government Application Form and, resume to:
Chief Human Resources Manager
Royal Cayman Islands Police Service
P.O. Box 909, CAYMAN ISLANDS KY1-1103.
Deadline for receipt of applications: 24th January 2020
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.