- Agency: Cayman Islands Government
- Reference: R0092020
- Posted: 13-Jan-2020
- Closing Date: 28-Jan-2020
- Salary: CI$70,244 - CI$94,440
- Job Description
Ministry of Commerce, Planning & Infrastructure
Post holder will provide leadership and project management oversight including assistance with requirements gathering, planning, budget management, reporting, and delivery of all assigned e-Government applications and associated infrastructure.
Post holder’s responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Designing, developing and implementing programme-level strategies and plans for information interoperability across all of the public sector and between the public sector and private sector.
- Contributing to or delivering multiple priority projects for the Director of e-Government and/or Ministry Chief Officer e.g. Identity and Access Management solution implementation, shared service solutions implementations and CIG Interoperability Solution update/upgrade implementation.
- Manage and take responsibility for the definition, documentation and execution of one or more assigned projects, actively driving all phases of the project life cycle. Proactively identifies, assesses and manages risks to ensure the success of the project.
- Takes full responsibility for estimating, and planning within agreed policies, using established planning techniques and tools. Establishes and operates systems to monitor progress and takes corrective action as required by senior management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Management plus a minimum of seven (7) years’ post-graduate experience in information systems;
- Or an Associate’s degree in Computer Science or Information Management plus a minimum of ten (10) years’ post-graduate experience in information systems;
- A project management certification from a recognized industry leader such as a PMP is preferred.
- Evidence of management skills, in controlling projects and managing staff, and in the execution of difficult and complex organizational tasks along with the knowledge of principles, methods, techniques and tools for the effective management of projects from initiation through to completion is required.
- The post-holder should be proficient in Project Management tools to assist in the project management process, by automating manual tasks such as scheduling, resource balancing, and cross project dependencies.
Please submit your application form and resume via email to: CPIrecruitment@gov.ky or mail
Chief HR Officer,
Ministry of Commerce, Planning & Infrastructure,
5th floor Government Administration Building,
133 Elgin Avenue,
George Town, Grand Cayman KY1-9000
Deadline for applications is: Thursday, 28th January 2020
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.