Judge's Personal Assistant
- Agency: Judicial Administration
- Reference: JUD02/2020
- Posted: 14-Feb-2020
- Closing Date: 02-Mar-2020
- Salary: CI$43,812 - CI$58,920
- Job Description
The Judicial Administration is now accepting applications for the post of:
JUDGE’S PERSONAL ASSISTANT
The Judge’s Personal Assistant provides a high-level of effective and efficient support. The role has all the specialties of the traditional Personal Assistant role with the additional responsibility of being the primary channel of communication between the Judge and those involved in matters assigned to the Judge, both practitioners and the wider public.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- An Associate’s Degree or equivalent and a minimum of 3 years relevant experience
- Legal Secretary Certification/Diploma plus a minimum of five years office/secretarial and administrative experience
- Good judgement, be a reliable team player, show resilience and be able to consistently deliver what is required to a high standard.
- Excellent planning, coordination, organizational and problem solving skills and display acute attention to detail, quality and accuracy.
- The ability to work effectively and reliably under pressure, either alone or as a member of a team, and within tight and often overlapping deadlines.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Sound working knowledge of the justice system, structures and protocols, especially with those procedures relevant to the categories of case to be dealt with by the Judge (for the full time Judges that includes the full range of civil (including Family) and criminal work; for the part time Judges, that requires knowledge of civil procedures relating to the work of the Financial Services Division)
- The ability to exercise diplomacy in relation to working with the judiciary, practitioners, senior Government officials and the wider public.
- Willingness and ability to be flexible and take on new tasks as required.
- A high degree of commitment.
- Excellent interpersonal, liaison, communication and negotiation skills (both verbal and written).
- The highest level of confidentiality in handling and recording documents, as well as being tactful and discreet.
- A high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Latin terms used in legal correspondence (or ability to acquire that within a short space of time)
- Strong knowledge of English Grammar with an equally excellent ability to write, comprehend and edit documents
- Copy and audio typing speeds of at least 60-70 wpm with a 95% accuracy
PLEASE SUBMIT FULLY COMPLETED CIG APPLICATION FORM & RESUME TO:
Chief Human Resource Officer
A pre-employment drug screen and Police records check are conditions of employment
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS:
MARCH 2ND, 2020
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.