Deputy Chief Financial Officer - NRA
- Agency: National Roads Authority
- Reference: R0622020
- Posted: 12-Feb-2020
- Closing Date: 28-Feb-2020
- Salary: CI$59,485 - CI$84,911
- Job Description
National Roads Authority
Applications are invited for the position of:
Deputy Chief Financial Officer (DCFO)
The primary role if the DCFO is to assist the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) with all financial matters pertaining to the National Roads Authority, including but not limited to budgeting, accounting, financial projections, payroll and reporting functions. The post holder plays an integral part in ensuring that the Finance Section is adequately structured to facilitate the achievement of strategic goals whilst safeguarding all accounting and financial systems.
Principal Accountabilities: (see JD for full review of these)
- Under the close supervision and guidance of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), assist with the preparation of the NRA consolidated financial statements including explanatory notes and annual budget and revisions thereto including:
- Undertake revenue and accounts receivable functions for the NRA, including:
- Carry out expenditure and accounts payable functions for the NRA, including:
- Assist with sourcing a new IRIS system ensuring that all relevant staff is fully trained in its use. Assist the CFO to ensure that a system of internal controls is operating adequately.
- Oversee financial affairs of the department to ensure that all accounting matters are processed in accordance with the Public Management and Finance Law, Labour Law and other relevant laws.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelorís Degree in Accounting, Finance or hold a professional Accounting qualification with a minimum of four (4) years relevant experience in accrual based accounting, with a minimum of two (2) years supervisory experience.
- Sound knowledge and experience in I International Accounting Standards and International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), as well as automated financial systems like IRIS and Microsoft Suite.
- Awareness of the operations of the Cayman Islands Government, its personnel, processes and systems and the ability to interpret and apply laws and regulations affecting the Accounting function of the organization.
The NRA offers an excellent compensation package, including pension and health insurance. Salary range for this position is CI$59,485 to CI$84,911 commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Application form and job description are available online at www.caymanroads.com Interested parties are required to submit a NRA job application and resume in confidence no later than February 28th, 2020 to:
Chief HR Officer
National Roads Authority
P.O. Box 10426
Grand Cayman, KY1-1004, Cayman Islands