Deputy Director of Public Prosecutions
- Agency: Office of Director of Public Prosecutions
- Reference: DPP001
- Posted: 12-Feb-2020
- Closing Date: 02-Mar-2020
- Salary: CI$101,436 - CI$136,428
- Job Description
The Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions, Cayman Islands Government, is currently inviting applications for the following post(s):
DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF PUBLIC PROSECUTIONS
The Deputy Director of Public Prosecutions will support the Director in the prosecution of highly complex criminal trials and appeals in the superior courts of the Cayman Islands, and the exercise of other statutory functions of the Office. The post-holder will also be responsible for both strategic and operational management, including the provision of effective team leadership, direction/advice, performance management and professional development. Deputising for the Director in his absence, the Deputy Director will assist in the coordination of case-loads, work flows and office reporting.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience and Skills
Applicants for this position should be a Solicitor, Barrister or Attorney-at-Law qualified to practice in an English-speaking Commonwealth jurisdiction. Applicants must also have:
- a minimum of ten (10) years’ post qualification experience of criminal litigation;
- comprehensive knowledge and practical criminal litigation / advocacy experience in the higher courts and appellate courts in a wide range of complex areas of criminal law;
- practiced as a prosecutor in a commonwealth jurisdiction up to Court of Appeal level (within the last 5 years);
- at least 3 years of experience at a senior management level, which includes providing visible leadership to ensure the timely and efficient delivery of prosecution services;
- proven experience of sound decision making in the most serious, difficult and complex cases;
- proven ability to handle the most sensitive matters and maintain prosecutorial independence;
- strong skills in the following areas: advocacy, leadership, management, decision making, communication, negotiation, legal research and analysis.
The remuneration package for this role includes a non-contributory Government Pension Scheme and medical and dental coverage.
Please submit your Government Application Form, as well as a cover letter, résumé or curriculum vitae to: Mark Harrison, HR Manager, Portfolio of Legal Affairs, 4th Floor, Government Administration Building, 133 Elgin Avenue, P.O. Box 136, Grand Cayman, KY1-9000.
Telephone: 1 345 244 2336. Email: email@example.com
Please include the relevant reference number(s) on your application.
Deadline for receipt of applications: Monday, 2nd March, 2020.
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.