Crown Counsel (Financial Crime)
- Agency: Office of Director of Public Prosecutions
- Reference: DPP002
- Posted: 12-Feb-2020
- Closing Date: 02-Mar-2020
- Salary: CI$79,656 - CI$107,148
- Job Description
The Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions, Cayman Islands Government, is currently inviting applications for the following post(s):
Crown Counsel (Financial Crime) will be responsible for conducting criminal proceedings, civil recovery proceedings and assisting with the processing of requests for international legal assistance. Counsel will have a specialist focus on proceedings in respect of money laundering, terrorist/proliferation financing, serious fraud, corruption, regulatory offences, and asset recovery proceedings.
The successful post holder will operate at all levels of the Court system, including the Cayman Islands’ Court of Appeal. Counsel will be required to advise law enforcement agencies and Government Departments/Statutory Authorities.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience and Skills
Applicants for this position should be a Solicitor, Barrister or Attorney-at-Law qualified to practice in an English-speaking Commonwealth jurisdiction, or qualified to practice in the Cayman Islands in accordance with the Legal Practitioners Law (2015 Revision). Applicants must also:
- possess a minimum of five (5) years’ post qualification experience, to include significant experience in the field of financial crime (preferably with an international element);
- be able to develop clear practices and procedures in relation to financial crime;
- be familiar with the laws and legal systems in the UK and other Commonwealth jurisdictions;
- possess strong advocacy, interpersonal, negotiation, independent research and analytical skills, and be able to assimilate instructions quickly;
- be able to work under pressure, and render prompt and effective legal advice at very short notice.
The remuneration package for this role includes a non-contributory Government Pension Scheme and medical and dental coverage.
Please submit your Government Application Form, as well as a cover letter, résumé or curriculum vitae to: Mark Harrison, HR Manager, Portfolio of Legal Affairs, 4th Floor, Government Administration Building, 133 Elgin Avenue, P.O. Box 136, Grand Cayman, KY1-9000. Telephone: 1 345 244 2336. Email: email@example.com
Please include the relevant reference number(s) on your application.
Deadline for receipt of applications: Monday, 2nd March, 2020.
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.