Deputy Director - Needs Assessment Unit
- Agency: Needs Assessment Unit
- Reference: VNAU001-20
- Posted: 12-Feb-2020
- Closing Date: 25-Feb-2020
- Salary: CI$79,656 - CI$107,148
- Job Description
Ministry of Community Affairs
The Ministry is seeking to fill the following vacancy:
Needs Assessment Unit
The primary responsibility of the post holder is to assist the Director in overseeing the general day-to-day operations of the Unit, in particular the efficient and effective provision of welfare services to the client population. The post holder advocates and informs on the development of social policies and departmental changes to meet the needs of the community. He/she taps into the system of services and support that already exists within the government’s human services and the wider community, building synergies between fellow agencies and facilitating and coordinating access to these services via a referral system.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Providing strategic advice on welfare and financial policies, legislation and making recommendations to the Director and the Ministry where appropriate;
- Supporting the Director in proactively advocating for the development of new and improved welfare programmes and strategies to maintain effective social systems and promoting sensitive departure in those areas of social dysfunction;
- Assisting the Director as required with the Unit’s overall administrative management to maintain operational effectiveness;
- Contributing to the annual HR Strategic Plan and agenda for the Unit, promoting a culture of learning and the enhancement of the employee experience, thereby contributing to the Unit’s mandate in meeting its current and future business priorities; and
- Ensuring the Unit’s database system – Financial Assessment Services (FAS) is kept up-to-date and providing periodic statistics to management.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
At a minimum, the following are required:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management or other relevant discipline;
- Seven (7) years of administrative experience, with at least three (3) having been in a senior management capacity;
- An understanding of, and appreciation for, the interventions needed and the system of services available to facilitate the delivery of such interventions and services, in order to promote self-sufficiency and contribute to an individual’s social and economic well-being;
- The ability to interpret and apply legislation governing the Unit, including, but not limited to, the Poor Relief Law, Poor Relief Regulations, Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, Public Management and Finance Law and Freedom of Information Law;
- The ability to operate effectively within a busy work environment handling a large client base, whilst balancing the various demands of the role in the pursuit of operational excellence;
- Superior presentation and communication skills, as the post holder represents the Unit at various functions and on the media as required;
- Advanced computer proficiency in Microsoft Office applications; and
- Knowledge and understanding of automated operating systems.
Please send a cover letter, application form and résumé to:
Chief Human Resources Officer
Ministry of Community Affairs
Application Deadline: 25th February 2020
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.