Counsellor (Community Based)
- Agency: Counselling Services
- Reference: R0642020
- Posted: 14-Feb-2020
- Closing Date: 01-Mar-2020
- Salary: CI$54,504 - CI$73,296
- Job Description
Ministry of Health, Environment, Culture and Housing
The Department of Counselling Services is seeking to fill the following vacancy:
COUNSELLOR (COMMUNITY BASED)
offers commensurate with education and years of experience
The post holder will be required to assist with the delivery of trauma informed care and evidence based therapeutic services to families, couples, and individuals (including children, adolescents, adults and older adults) resident to the Cayman Islands, under supervision.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Assisting with the provision of therapeutic services, including evidence based, trauma informed assessments; conducting individual sessions with clients; facilitating Psychoeducational and skill-building groups, and providing crisis management services to high risk client situations.
- Developing individualised treatment plans in conjunction with clients, and evaluating their progress toward achieving stated goals on an ongoing basis.
- Maintaining confidential and up to date client records on all counselling matters.
- Completing relevant client file documentation and preparing reports to assist with monitoring the progress of clients.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
The successful applicant should possess the following:
- Applicants should possess a Masterís degree in Counselling, Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy, Social Work or a related Field OR a Bachelorís Degree in Counselling, Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy, Social Work or a related Field and have a minimum of 3 yearsí prior experience in a Clinical Setting.
- Excellent communication skills are required including the ability to converse effectively regarding sensitive subjects with individuals and their families, as well as the ability to develop proper case documentation.
- Must possess excellent Individual Counselling skills as well as advanced Group Counselling and Facilitation skills.
- Knowledge of co-occurring disorders is considered an asset.
- Experience working with mandated clients would be an asset.
- Proficiency in computer applications software including Windows & Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point).
- Experience in case management software would be an asset.
- Hold a valid driverís license.
PLEASE SUBMIT COVER LETTER, APPLICATION FORM & RESUME TO:
Department of Counselling Services
2nd Floor, Apollo House West
P.O. Box 10142
Grand Cayman KY1-1002
Or by Email: DCSRecruitment@gov.ky
Closing Deadline for Applications: 1-March-2020
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.