Manager,Mechanical,Electrical & Plumbing
- Agency: Public Works
- Reference: PWD/001/20
- Posted: 14-Feb-2020
- Closing Date: 29-Feb-2020
- Salary: CI$61,272 - CI$82,380
- Job Description
The Public Works Department invites applications for the following position:
MANAGER, MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL & PLUMBING
The responsibilities of the position of Manager (MEP) are factored with approximately 50% emphasis on Air Conditioning/Mechanical Cooling Systems/Refrigeration and Controls, 35% on Electrical and 15% on Plumbing.
The Post holder will
- Organize and manage scheduled & preventative MEP maintenance programmes on all government facilities and carry out emergency repairs within agreed timeframe;
- Prepare MEP designs/drawings, as well as, estimates, tender documents and report recommendations on tenders received for MEP minor work projects;
- Direct supervisors, foremen, and staff totalling 25-30 technicians.
- Supervise contractors/in house workforce in construction of MEP minor works capital projects in accordance with the contract documents, codes and good construction practice;
- Review approved MEP drawings prepared by private sector consultants and carry out inspections of installations on major capital projects at agreed times during construction/handover.
- Assist with the preparation of budget submissions for government’s MEP maintenance and minor works programmes; carry out administrative functions including authorizing timesheets, the preparation of tender and contract documentation, certifying invoices and payment certificates.
- Participate in PWD’s Hurricane Preparedness Programme and Staff Training and Development initiatives.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
The post holder should possess a Bachelors degree in Mechanical (Air Conditioning Systems/Refrigeration/Process Cooling etc) or Electrical Engineering/Technology with 10 years verifiable experience in at least two of the primary fields (mechanical/electrical/plumbing) & five years supervisory level experience in AC/refrigeration/mechanical cooling. Alternatively, a Higher National Diploma or Associates degree in Mechanical (Air Conditioning Systems/Refrigeration/Process Cooling/ etc.) or Electrical Engineering/Technology combined with 15 years experience of which a minimum of 7 years supervisory level experience in AC/refrigeration/mechanical cooling is essential. Post holder should possess a current Electrical Licence. Good written and oral communication skills are necessary. He/she must be computer literate and capable of using Microsoft suite as well as outlook and have experience with MS Projects, CMMS or IWPS. He/she must be familiar with mechanical/electrical software systems for recording and reporting on electrical and mechanical systems
Preference will be given to suitably qualified and experienced Caymanians
PLEASE SUBMIT OFFICIAL APPLICATION FORM,
RESUME AND COVERING LETTER TO:
Human Resource Manager
Public Works Department
P.O. Box 10505
Grand Cayman KY1-1005
Fax: (345) 949-7731
or Email: PWDREcruitment@gov.ky
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 29th, 2020
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.