- Agency: Cayman Islands Government
- Reference: R01112020
- Posted: 11-Mar-2020
- Closing Date: 12-Apr-2020
- Salary: CI$54,504 - CI$68,088
- Job Description
CAYMAN ISLANDS GOVERNMENT
The Manager Commissions Secretariat invites applications for the position of:
The Commissions Secretariat is looking for Investigators who will, under the supervision of a Senior Investigator, investigate reports of alleged corruption as instructed by the Anti-Corruption Commission in accordance with the Anti-Corruption Law.
The post-holder will:-
- Conduct investigations into allegations of suspected corruption in accordance with the agreed operation plan;
- Create and maintain auditable records of investigations/actions/complaints;
- Generate/cultivate and support witnesses, confidential sources and contacts;
- Undertake research and analytical assessments;
- Prepare and present applications/presentations to senior management and/or Judicial Panel; and
- Take initial responsibility for the preparation of case management and relevant subsequent submission of case files to the office of the DPP for prosecutions.
The holder of this post must possess:
- A minimum of 10 years investigatory experience (at least 5 of which must be as an investigator in serious or complex crime related enquires);
- Demonstrable experience and ability in the investigation of serious, protracted and often complex criminal offences;
- Demonstrable experience and ability in the preparation of prosecution case files for submission to the office of the Director of Public Prosecutions;
- An ability to be highly confidential, politically neutral, display mature judgement, and a high degree of professional integrity;
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written) and possess the ability to work effectively and reliably under pressure and respond to time critical issues at short notice; and
- Be able to work as a part of a small team and take direction and supervision from the Senior Investigator.
It would be an advantage if the holder of this post possessed direct experience in anti-corruption and/or financial related enquiries.
The post-holder must have and maintain a clean police clearance and is subject to further background checks at the Manager’s discretion.
Please submit completed application form and resumé to:
Manager, Commissions Secretariat
2nd Floor, Artemis House
P.O. Box 391 Grand Cayman KY1-1106, CAYMAN ISLANDS
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: (345) 945-8649
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 12 APRIL 2020
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.