Supervisor - Criminal Registry
- Agency: Judicial Administration
- Reference: JUD06/2020
- Posted: 19-Jun-2020
- Closing Date: 03-Jul-2020
- Salary: CI$48,816 - CI$65,664
- Job Description
The Judicial Administration is now accepting applications for the post of:
SUPERVISOR - CRIMINAL REGISTRY
The post holder is responsible for supervising the work of the Criminal Registry Division and for coordinating the management of the Judges’ and Magistrates’ dockets, assisting with case management of matters listed in the Grand Court and Summary Court, liaising with parties, organising mediations, preparing draft correspondence and assisting Judges and Magistrates with the efficient and professional operation of the courtroom.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- The post holder will possess a Bachelors degree with at least 3 - 5 years’ experience or an Associate’s or paralegal Degree with a minimum of 5 - 7 years relevant working experience including at a supervisory level.
- A paralegal qualification is essential
- Ability to understand and apply legal procedures within the ethos of criminal proceedings
- Working knowledge of the Judicial Enforcement Management System (JEMS) would be an asset; if not, the capacity to learn to use JEMS effectively within 6 months.
Considerable Knowledge and experience with:
- Legal terminology, procedures, documents and principles related to legal support work;
- Legal office practices and procedures including standard formats;
- Business English, grammar, punctuation, and spelling; word processing, database and presentation applications.
- Good supervisory experience or the capacity to manage staff and systems well.
- Strong analytical skills
- Good accurate typing and computer skills (proficient in Microsoft Office)
- An ability to regularly work under pressure to produce results is required.
Additional qualities include:
- Customer Focus (Internal & External)
- Developing Others
- Safety & Environment
- Attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
PLEASE SUBMIT FULLY COMPLETED CIG APPLICATION FORM & RESUME TO:
Chief Human Resource Officer
A pre-employment drug screen and Police records check are conditions of employment
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: JULY 3RD, 2020
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.