- Agency: Planning
- Reference: R01322020
- Posted: 08-Jun-2020
- Closing Date: 03-Jul-2020
- Salary: CI$54,504 - CI$69,780
- Job Description
On behalf of the Department of Planning we invite applicants for the following vacancy:
The successful candidate will be responsible for examining construction drawings submitted to the department to ensure compliance with the Cayman Islands Building Code, Plumbing Code, Mechanical Code, Electrical Code and relevant Laws and Regulations relating to public health and safety. The preferred candidate will be required to focus largely on Commercial Electrical Plan review.
Other responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Providing guidance and assistance to Architects, Engineers, Contractors and the general public on Procedures and Code requirements and interpretations.
- Reviewing drawings submitted for approval to ensure compliance with applicable codes and standards.
- Inspecting projects under construction for code compliance and conditions of approval, and completed projects for Certificate of Fitness (for Occupancy).
- Preparing reports and other duties assigned by the Plans Examination Supervisor and/or Deputy Director of Planning (BC).
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- An Associate’s Degree in Construction Science or related subject and four years’ experience in commercial level plan review, OR
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Structural Engineering, Construction , Electrical Engineering or related subject, with a minimum of two years’ experience in commercial level plan review;
- Must be Certified by International Code Council (ICC) or equivalent as a commercial plans examiner in three or more of the following disciplines: Electrical, Building, Mechanical and Plumbing;
- Have extensive knowledge of the ICC 2009 family of codes (Electrical, Building, Mechanical and Plumbing) and related technical standards, National Electrical Code, (NEC) / and ANSI 117.1 /Cayman Islands Electricity Law and Regulations would be an advantage;
- Knowledge of general construction practices;
- Ability to read blue prints;
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and written;
- Ability to work with others as a team and with the public;
- Ability to aid customers in rectifying problems with excellent interpersonal skills
A pre-employment drug screen/medical test and a Police Record check are conditions of employment
To be considered for the post, a Government Application form must be completed and submitted electronically to: email@example.com
Application Deadline: 03rd July 2020
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.