- Agency: Public Works
- Reference: PWD003/20
- Posted: 26-Jun-2020
- Closing Date: 13-Jul-2020
- Salary: CI$61,272 - CI$82,380
- Job Description
The Public Works Department invites applications for the following position:
The post holder will provide management and sustainability of all enterprise systems which support the work of the Departmentís various sections. Including administrative and technical management of business processes, information, IT and system and service provisions to both internal and external clients.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Liaising with the Senior Manager (OD&OS)/Director on matters affecting the operation of systems within PWD and keep current on all relevant ICT initiatives and chair all Technical meetings of the ICT Committee;
- Coordinating and assisting with the development of ongoing training of all staff in the use of the Departmentís Enterprise System;
- Managing IT and FM help desk staff; Identifying staff training and set goals and objectives for direct reports, monitor progress and conduct performance evaluations;
- Setting up and maintaining the parameters of the Enterprise Asset /Project Accounting (eAM/PA) System; Complete minor project management tasks i.e. planning, estimation and implementation of modules within eAM/PA systems or other systems;
- Proactively assessing future needs within PWD and feedback of infrastructural or software additions needed;
- Troubleshooting and resolving hardware, software, and IT related matters and arrange for the provision of support to PWD staff in setting up IT related equipment;
- Installing and updating software on individual PCs and on the network. Provide desktop and user support for PC based systems, MS and databases, including maintenance of logs.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
Post holder must have Bachelorís degree in Computer Science or related field and (3) years relevant experience OR at minimum, Associates Degree with (5) yearsí experience AND recognized certification in Computer Maintenance and Repair/Networking. Certification in one or combination of Oracle software applications (e.g. EAM, Inventory Management and Project Accounting or similar). He/she should have at least 3 yearsí experience supervising Support Technicians; experience in managing the implementation of application software, possess a combination of both functional and technical skills and have excellent communication, collaboration and time management skills. Post holder should have high level knowledge in the concepts, logic of planning and practical installation and management of network communications equipment and systems; competency in troubleshooting computers and peripherals,be proactive in ensuring reliability of network, PCís and peripherals, Must possess a valid CI Group 2 Driverís License.
Preference will be given to suitably qualified and experienced Caymanians
PLEASE SUBMIT OFFICIAL APPLICATION FORM, RESUME AND COVERING LETTER TO:
Human Resource Manager
Public Works Department
P.O. Box 10505
Grand Cayman KY1-1005
Fax: (345) 949-7731
or Email: PWDREcruitment@gov.ky
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 13th, 2020
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.