- Agency: Public Libraries
- Reference: R0332017
- Posted: 03-Feb-2017
- Closing Date: 24-Feb-2017
- Salary: $39,732 - $53,436
- Job Description
The Ministry of Education, Employment & Gender Affairs invites applications for the post of:
Branch Manager, Public Libraries
The Branch Manager is responsible for the management of a designated library facility including all services, processes and assigned personnel in order to ensure that the strategic goals of the Cayman Islands Public Library Service are met.
*Required qualifications, experience and skills include:
- Associates Degree in a related field or a willingness to obtain an Associate’s Degree within four years. Three years of library work experience or three years of related building/management experience.
- The post holder must be highly computer literate with advanced level Microsoft Excel and Word proficiency, Internet search knowledge and capability and a fundamental understanding of library database management systems.
- Excellent communication skills with a strong customer service approach, and the ability to provide leadership to staff under supervision.
- Customer service training and/or experience and a commitment to provide service excellence.
- Demonstrate strengths in the areas of team work, organisation, planning and time management.
Please visit www.education.gov.ky/jobs to view details, access the Job Descriptions and Application forms.
*Please note applications from oversees will not be considered for this role.*
Please send government application form and cover letter, preferably via email to:HR Services
Ministry of Education, Employment and Gender Affairs
Box 108, Government Administration Building
Grand Cayman, KY1-9000
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.