Deputy Chief Financial Officer
- Agency: District Administration, Tourism & Transport
- Reference: R0352017
- Posted: 10-Feb-2017
- Closing Date: 24-Feb-2017
- Salary: $63,684 - $85,656
- Job Description
CAYMAN ISLANDS GOVERNMENT
MINISTRY OF DISTRICT ADMINISTRATION, TOURISM & TRANSPORT
Invites applications for the following position:
DEPUTY CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
To assist the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) with all financial matters pertaining to the Ministry (including all departments and sections). To ensure that the Ministry fulfils the financial requirements of the Public Management and Finance Law. To ensure that all accounting and financial systems of the Ministry are properly structured and are managed in an efficient and timely manner.
The post holder is the deputy financial advisor to the Chief Officer and the Minister.
The post holder is responsible for assisting the CFO in compiling the Ministry’s annual budget of approximately $111,415,080 million (Budget 2016/17) recurrent and statutory expenditure:
Liaise with the head of departments, financial administrators and accounting staff in the departments and sections of the Ministry as well as the Statutory Authorities and Government Owned Companies (SAGC’S).
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- The post-holder must hold a full accounting qualification as CPA, ACCA, CA, and/or have at least 5 years relevant work experience with significant professional and management achievements in the public or private sector.
- A Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Strong numerical skills and experience with computerized accounting packages, and Microsoft Office.
- Proven ability to analyse and interpret and report on financial information.
- Proficiency in financial accounting systems and experience in using Excel spreadsheets is required.
- A working knowledge of the Public Management and Finance Law and the accounting practices followed within the Cayman Islands Government is highly desirable.
For application forms and job descriptions please visit our website at www.gov.ky/recruitment
The required government application form MUST be completed in its entirety, incomplete forms may be disqualified.
PLEASE SUBMIT APPLICATION FORM & RESUME TO:Human Resources Manager
Ministry of District Administration, Tourism & Transport
5th Floor, Government Administration Building
P.O. Box 109, Grand Cayman, KY1-9000, Cayman Islands
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.